Thread: Senior Project

Senior Project

Hello everyone.
    I am probably one of the youngest and newest members of this forum. All my life I have loved reading Fantasy fiction. Ironically, I recently have been given the option of writing a small book about a fantasy world for my senior project. In my project I have to show a learning stretch from what I know to what I am attempting to accomplish. My stretch, consequenly, is writing a small fantasy book. I was wondering if there might be anyone interested in "coaching" me in this task (since the project calls for a mentor)...

Thanks

I'd be willing to help out. If you teacher needs certain credentials to pass muster, I'll email you my publishing credits, 6 books, including Star Wars and Jurassic Park II adpatations, edited a collection of Fritz Leiber's horror stories and recently sold the rights to my first massmarket fantasy novel. I don't know how much time I can dedicate to the task, but if it is simply a case of reading your work, exchanging emails to help you develop your ideas, going over things such as mythic structure (have you read Joseph Campbell's Man With A Thousand Faces, or Christopher Vogels title on mythic structure? Steve Savile

That is exactly what I would need. Just someone with experience who can point me in the right direction. I have not read either of two books you have mentioned. My email is heavenlyknight98@hotmail.com If you will, email me your "resume" (It can only benefit the cause). I will respond to your email with the details of the project. Thanks!

That would be great. I posted a long reply to what you wrote, but it didn't show up..grr! Oh well, please send me an email at
    heavenlyknight98@hotmail.com
    In your email, it won't hurt to put your "resume"..

Thanks for your help!

Dropped you an email, hope you got it okay - lets get to work