Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where do you go?

I'm just being nosey. I realized I have fallen into a specific pattern when I click into sffworld.

I go to the Writing forum, then to General Discussion, then I go to Stories/Poems. Sometimes I visit TV & Film or Science Fiction or some of the others, though very rarely.

So. When you log on, where do you go?

B5

I start with general discussion then tv and film, then I visit the author threads that I write in, then I surf a bit through the sci fi and general fiction parts before I go to Fantasy books....Most of the time anyway! I tend to look everywhere except the writing bit because I don't write and I feel like I am intruding. I think I've only looked there once and never written in a thread.

thinking about it now, I always go from Games to General Discussion to TV & Film to Fantasy to Sci-Fi. Pretty much everytime.....

First I go to the User CP to see if I got any replies, then to the writing thread, after that it's the stories/poems, just to see if anyone posted any new stories. Last, I would go to the funzone.

Just a jump to the left, and a step to the right.
    You guys wanna try going to the seventh layer of hell, take a sniff of Lucifer's neck... You don't have moderator's privileges?

Fantasy, then general discussion, tv and film, and browse the others now and again never been to fun zone.

I check my subscribed threads then to new posts.

Solaar
    the systematic

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I go to my new private messages, then the seventh level of hell ... I mean the staff section onward to the Games section followed by GD. Next comes Film+Tv, Writing and a few of the Author's own section.

Blog Entries
    PM box first, then staff forum, general discussion, and Funzone. After that if stioll have surf time I look into Fantasy, Horror, and movie/tv stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Leiali
    ...I tend to look everywhere except the writing bit because I don't write and I feel like I am intruding. I think I've only looked there once and never written in a thread.
    I can't imagine anywhere you would not be welcome. Considering how many threads in the writing section are asking for critiques, a reader would be great.

Some of you have to check your PMs? Mine opens a window in front of my face and doesn't go away until I deal with it. On the other hand, I didn't include checking PMs on my list because I don't get one every day. (This is not a request BTW)

Thanks for the answers, very interesting. (Also thanks in advance for the next answers).
    B5

I always get emails saying if I have any new messages, or if I have any and I don't answer that email first it pops up in my face as soon as I get onto the SFFWorld.

I get email notification of all the threads I am subscribed to, and I answer them first - with the PM ones the first of the first. Then I go to Fantasy, if there are any new messages I go to the Book Group, I don't really go into the Author's forum other than GRRM and Terry Pratchett - if there are new messages. Then SF and if there are any new messages on to the Book Group. If there is anything in Horror that looks interesting I will stop in then on to General Fiction. I only occasionally wander into the 'official author forums'. Then into General Discussion, then Film & TV, then I look to see if there is anything new in Feedback. Pretty much in the order they are listed from top to bottom.

I only go into the FunZone if I have a message, I have looked at Art once, Writing once, and have never been to Games or Comics or Collaborative Stories.
    Last edited by FicusFan; April 24th, 2005 at 10:59 PM.

Now I start with my blog, then those of other's (posting comments and whatnot). Jump to my user CP, respond to anything that I feel like. Forums up next, where I answer any PM's I have before simply wandering, looking for things to gripe about. I also visit the community and games sections whenever the mood should strike me. Every so often I'll sneak over to the art section and pine about how I can't draw nearly as well as anyone in there .

I use Mozilla Firebird and tabbed browsing; that means, I'll download all the pages I intend to read and then I go offline to do the actual reading, if - after the reading - there's still time left I'll post replies.

Depending on how much online time I have it goes something like this:

1. Writing
    2. Authors Forums
    3. General Discussion
    4. Funzone (with priority on the Role Play threads)

Extended will include:

SF, F, and General Fiction

Rarely (if I've got lots of time, or there's little new):

Films & TV, Games

[These days, I look at a lot fewer critique threads in the writing section than I used to. It takes up too much time, and with me it's either thoroughly or not at all. Same goes for the Collab Story Forum. Pity ]

I click on ''quick links'' and then new posts

Registered as What?
    I go to the forums page and hit the New Posts button.