Page 1 of 91 1231151 ... LastLast
    In a castle in the beautiful city of christchurch --- Ruled by Me

Relationships in the book

hi guys just for peter i made a new thread ok this is for all ur realtionship things hehehe hope you like it....

is it just me or were lots of people dissapointed that dernhill and maerad didnt get together??? i thoguht they would make a good match but he had to die... it made the story more intresting...

Yeah, it is pretty sad that he had to die and all, Maerad is constantly thinking about him whenever, through her perspective, is talking about relationships.

I just read an interesting qoute from Nerili "... those who truly love do not desire power. Among bards, it is often known as the way of the heart. The Dark understands nothing of this: it is its greatest weakness."
    Hmm interesting, was it Tari who said that Maerad could defeat Sharma through the power of love (that's sort hippie ) or something, so obviously relationships are most definately some of the most important themes throughout the books if indeed it does come down to that.

I do find the realtionship between Maerad and Hem so sweet, those two really do love each other so much **tear**, and its really cute the way Hem looks up to Maerad as this great saviour or something.
    Last edited by Gemini; May 7th, 2005 at 10:31 PM. Reason: The "spoiler" is in the sample chapters *face palm*

yay the thread is starting. yes she always seems to associate relationships with dernhill.... the spoiler u can read that in the sample chapters....hem and maerad do have a really good relationship and it is soo sweet! i hope maerad comes through though i think she will

With defeating Sharma through the power of love i thought
    Spoiler:
    Cos Dernhil is kind of dead

it might be with Cadvan or Arkan maybe... But hopefully Cadvan

i was just wondering when arkan would come into this convosation. tho i do think that maerad and cadvan are a much better match...

Jelly Fetishist
    Like the theory that Maerad and Cadvan might defeat Sharma with love ... how do you guys think they'd do it? Kiss him to death?

How about....

"As they came face to face with the Nameless One himself, Maerad reached out her mind to Cadvan, becoming one in themselves. Maerad felt an overwhelming sense of power as their undying love for each other was to prove to be the best weapon of all.

We can do it Said Cadvan

And with that they both sent out a lightening bolt the size of Edil-Amarandh which hit Sharma right in the middle of his forehead knocking him flat on the ground"

How about that?

*Please note I am joking I'm not seriously thinking that would be a good idea *

lol the power if love! hehehe yes i dont think that would go very well in the book!

How about....As they came face to face with the Nameless One himself, Maerad reached out her mind to Cadvan, becoming one in themselves. Maerad felt an overwhelming sense of power as their undying love for each other was to prove to be the best weapon of all.

We can do it Said Cadvan

And with that they both sent out a lightening bolt the size of Edil-Amarandh which hit Sharma right in the middle of his forehead knocking him flat on the ground"

How about that?
    You forgot the part when Sharma staggers home to tell his mummy "Maerad and Cadvan are mean! They pushed me over and see?! SEE?! he left a mark on my forhead! and i didn't do nuffin'... honest! SHE STARTED IT! *mutters* stupid chosen one"

Oh how silly of me!! By the way how funny would it be if he had a scar the shape of a lightning bolt etched into his forehead? (Just thought I'd add that bit while we're all going over the top of how stupid it would be and also i'd like to point out im not making fun of Harry Potter)

lol, You can just imagine a Dumbledore figure sitting Sharma down and saying
    "it is time" he said, "for me to tell you what i should have told you 1000 years ago, Sharma. Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything" and then going on about the whole Maerad and he having a prophesy thing . Anyhoo, this is the relationship thread and all, so i'll come back form my little trip to the department of spamming.

Jelly Fetishist
    No guys, wait: I'VE GOT IT!!!

'Maerad gazed at Sharma and realised, with an odd jolt, that she no longer felt any hatred for him. Instead she felt an immense pity welling within her heart, and started to realise, as she watched him, that despite the loose grey skin that made him look about a thousand years old, and the breath that stank like a mixture of wet dog and mouldy old fish, he was actually very handsome.
    She drew closer to him, and whispered, "I think you're beautiful."
    He returned her gaze, tears welling in his eyes. "I've- I've been so lonely," he gasped, beginning to sob.
    "But never again," Maerad replied. "Because I love you. Love, love, LOVE you!!"
    They embraced. Suddenly, Maerad remembered Cadvan, stood gingerly behind her. She turned, fixing him with a cold stare. "What do you want, old man? Go home."
    "Yes, ma'am." '

And that, my friends, is how love will save the day.

aww poor cadvan! he'd be all alone!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! cadvan!!!!!!!!! WHAT ABOUT CADVAN!!!!

*evil eyes*