Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

movie roles

Yes, we're back from NZ. It's stunningly beautiful - really lush and cool and green. The lakes are literally turquoise in colour (not from the reflected sky, but in any light) and there were snow capped mountains even in March.

As for how I got here, I looked at your website for news about The Crow and found the discussion forum! I've really been enjoying reading the threads on writing.
    MP, I like your suggestion of Keisha Castle-Hughes for Maerad. She even looks a little like the illustration on the cover of the US copy of The Naming.

Alan Rickman certainly has the ability to play cruel, sexually ambiguous characters (Snape!?!) but somehow I pictured the Winterking as being a little younger. He seems to have a sort of Heathcliffian rock god persona. Marilyn Manson? ( He's got the eye thing happening already...)

Alan Rickman certainly has the ability to play cruel, sexually ambiguous characters (Snape!?!) but somehow I pictured the Winterking as being a little younger. He seems to have a sort of Heathcliffian rock god persona. Marilyn Manson? ( He's got the eye thing happening already...)
    Actually, the young Ian McKellan (I just watched a dvd of him and Judy Dench in a completely brilliant production of Macbeth) is just the thing for the Winterking. He was matinee idol good looking, with just the right amount of camp and a wonderfully sinister seductiveness. We'd have to stick him in a time machine tho...

he is a very good actor..i like when he plays the bad guy..like Magneto..he does it very well..i don't know who the Winterking is so can't really comment but i'd go for Ian Mckellen in any film..he brings a certain spark to it i think..

ian mckellan

Ian Mckellan is a brilliant actor - he and sean bean were the standout performers in a very strong cast in LOTR imho. Anyway,there's no reason why we can't suggest a fantasy cast for a movie of a fantasy novel, so that removes time/age as a barrier. I'll have to check out that Macbeth dvd, it sounds great.
    I should mention that I forgot to put the :P sign after my Marilyn Manson suggestion...

I saw the tongue stuck firmly in your cheek, Manda. I guess it would please Marilyn Manson fans... yes, have a look at that Macbeth dvd, it's just beautiful. McKellan's about 25 years old or something and there's lots of straight into the camera stuff. It's also got another favourite actor of mine, Bob Peck, as Macduff.

Bob Peck, sadly, is dead, but he was a really brilliant actor. And someone last night suggested him as Cadvan. And actually, he would make a GREAT Cadvan - if not quite as handsome as Bean or Crudup What an actor that guy was! - the most amazingly expressive face - I was quite in love with him as a young woman, after that role in Edge of Darkness.

Stuff on Peck here

I was watching 'Lost', when this thread popped into my head and i realised that the guy who plays 'Jack', is fairly close to how i imagine Cadvan. I also thought that a younger Evangeline Lily (who plays Kate) would have been good for Maerad. Go to his IMDb file to see that "rare brilliant (if cheesy in that particular shot) smile". http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.ya..._fox/emmys.jpg That photo isn't very good close up, but definately his later pictures, around the 'Lost' period, are better for what i'm thinking of.
    Last edited by Gemini; April 9th, 2005 at 10:38 AM.

Jelly Fetishist
    I reckon I've thought of a really good person to play the Winterking- Stuart Townsend, a young irish actor (also the boyfriend of Charlize Theron). He has yet to make it major big, but he's not bad at all, and he certainly has the relevant...allure. If you can, search for pics of him in 'Queen of the Damned', and hopefully you'll see what I mean! He'd look good with really long hair...

winterking

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    What about the Winterking? Stuart Townsend? Joaqin (sp?) Phoenix?
    Great minds think alike Mrs. C!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Cadvan
    I reckon I've thought of a really good person to play the Winterking- Stuart Townsend, a young irish actor (also the boyfriend of Charlize Theron). He has yet to make it major big, but he's not bad at all, and he certainly has the relevant...allure. If you can, search for pics of him in 'Queen of the Damned', and hopefully you'll see what I mean! He'd look good with really long hair...
    oooo yes... did you know that he was actualy going to play 'Aragorn' but Pete Jackson changed his mind at the last moment. I though today that David Wenham might be good as Dernhil ... he has to be the only hot red headed guy lol.

~'you just like me cos i'm good in bed'~ ...oh missy u r the best

What do I type here?????? soul_elements's Avatar
    Ummm... what's it called again? I know it, I do ... talk about a goldfish's memory. Hang on- why is that tree upside-down? And aren't those clouds supposed to be ABOVE my head rather than below? Why am I upside-down? Oh, that's right! It's DOWNUNDER!

Lightbulb The Books of Pellinor as movies???

I was just thinking about movie adaptations from books and about how they've done it recently (or kind of recently) with fantasy books like "Lord of the Rings", "Harry Potter", "Series of Unfortunate Events" and "Chronicles of Narnia" (which are coming soon) and I thought- how about "The Gift"/"The Naming" as a movie???

How about it, then? Or will it make it all too cliched? But IF it was made into a movie, who should play Maerad? And Cadvan? And Hem and all the other characters (and there's a lot of characters as Alison can tell you)?

Ideas anyone?

hmm...lets see, I can only think of guys for Cadvan... I wonder why?

how bout...Viggo Mortensen (yeah the whole Aragorn thing)
    Stuart Townsend (Queen of the Dammned)
    Then you have all the boys from King Arthur...numerous possibilities.
    ...cant think of anyone else...Joaquin Pheonix? hmm...

Maerad?
    Well, the only really good person that I can think of is that chick from Series of Unfortunate Events...and she is Australian as well. She is really pretty, though I dont know if she is what Maerad would look like.
    Last edited by Netty; May 18th, 2005 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Never thought Id ever explain myself to a machine...

In a castle in the beautiful city of christchurch --- Ruled by Me
    MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE!!!!!!!! hey guys about the characters we(gem me tair(i think) have all been through this before with numerous people coming up =D

In a castle in the beautiful city of christchurch --- Ruled by Me
    i will have missed numerous people about who has been through it before so mind me

Hmmmm did you know that Stuart Townsend was going to play Aragorn but Pete Jckson changed his mind at the last minute b/c he though he was too young.

Sooo, back on tpoic,
    Cadvan- If i could morph Mattew Fox and Craig Parker together, i'd be the happiest girl on earth, not to mention, i'd have my Cadvan
    Maerad- A younger Evangeline Lily
    Dernhil- David Wenham
    Nerili- You know when you can see an actors face but have no idea what their name is? I hate that
    Saliman- Maybe that guy from The Green Mile, but with less muscle
    Nelac- The actor who played Dumbledore, pity he's dead, was his name Richard?
    Arkan- Stuart Townsend would probably be better as Arkan IMO

hmmm, i'll do some thinking on IMDb and get back to you...

What do I type here?????? soul_elements's Avatar
    Ummm... what's it called again? I know it, I do ... talk about a goldfish's memory. Hang on- why is that tree upside-down? And aren't those clouds supposed to be ABOVE my head rather than below? Why am I upside-down? Oh, that's right! It's DOWNUNDER!
    I think I'd rather like Joaquin Phoenix as Cadvan. It's the eyes and sad face, I think ... And you've gotta say that Joaquin Phoenix is an awesome name. Is it his real name? Anyway, his name could almost have come from a fantasy book!