Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    But I don't like Richard's hair!! It's too short and well-kept dosnt look like hes been running around in the bush does it? Besides he looks scarey and reminds me of professor Snape lol

THAT'S ONLY B/C HE'S IN SNOTTY JOHN THORNTON MODE!!!!!!!!!! trust me, when he softens up............... perfect, they could mess up his hair you know , the hairs only perfect b/c in that pic he's being a proper Victorian Upper class gentleman

But he's so OLD!! I mean I know Fab looks young but i don't really go for old guys.... anyway maybe it's better we don't agree on the same guy so then we can fantasise about different Cadvan's

hmm maybe. But i still think he's in the right age bracket for Cadvan

Alright, alright... I can see I'm not going to win so I think we have to agree to disagree ... You can have Richard as Cadvan and I'll have Fab hows that sound? sounds good to me

mmmm... Fabrizio

Guys, I'm afraid I really giggled over this argument - especially the image of Cadvan with foot-long hair all standing on end... Did you ever see the out take of Gollum, with spikey purple hair? I got asked for an interview who would play Cadvan in a movie, so I quoted some of your suggestions!

I think I need to see more movies...I don't know some of these actors. Though actually, I know exactly what Hem looks like. He's kind of based on a character in a Tarkovsky movie called Ivan's Childhood, which featured an incredible child actor. Alas, he'll be all grown up now, and anyway he's Russian.... Devastating and brilliant movie, btw, guys, if you ever strike it late at night on SBS - and bits of The Crow are inspired by this movie - anyway, when Maerad and Cadvan find Hem , I reckon he looks like this. Only Hem has dark hair (this boy is blond).

That reminds me i've been wondering... is Hem black? cos it says somewhere the Pilanil people have dark skin or something along those lines so wouldn't that mean Maerad's dad is black? but then wouldn't Maerad be black too? Or am I just having another blonde moment?

No, Hem basically has olive skin, like the Pilani. Maerad's is extremely pale. That can happen with brothers and sisters. Saliman is black, like all Turbanskians. I realised recently I seem to spend a fair bit of time talking about people's skin!

Quote Originally Posted by alison
    Guys, I'm afraid I really giggled over this argument - especially the image of Cadvan with foot-long hair all standing on end... Did you ever see the out take of Gollum, with spikey purple hair? I got asked for an interview who would play Cadvan in a movie, so I quoted some of your suggestions!
    I think i did see the Gollum thing, i have the Extended Edition after all, so i've bound to have seen it.

I wonder, which ones did you quote?

Gemini, I'm afraid I forgot to mention Richard Armitage though I agree, he's rather nice. A bit smooth looking in those pictures, he would need a bit of ruffling up. He looks as if he does good brood.

What do I type here?????? soul_elements's Avatar
    Ummm... what's it called again? I know it, I do ... talk about a goldfish's memory. Hang on- why is that tree upside-down? And aren't those clouds supposed to be ABOVE my head rather than below? Why am I upside-down? Oh, that's right! It's DOWNUNDER!
    Guys, we've done Cadvan. But how about Maerad. You know, the MAIN CHARACTER? (not the hottie who's either Fab or Richard or some person that I've never heard of with really long static hair who doesn't reallly exist ... what am I talking about?) So pale skin, dark hair, pretty ... Does Kate Beckinsdale cut it? I can't think of any other actresses out there who fit that description. Shows how much I know, hey? (ie. nothing) I was just thinking of what she looked like in Underworld but with longer hair. Hmmmmmm ...

Kate Beckinsale's alright but she's a bit old... Maerad's only supposed to be 16 or 17

Ok ur gonna have to use ur imagination a bit here guys but I think we all have pretty good imaginations so it should be ok

Ok imagine her with darker hair
    http://www.getlippy.com/graphics/gal...rhairstyle.jpg

http://www.handbag.com/graphics/libr...ennaMiller.jpg

Or Eva Green
    http://www.aidanews.it/public/img/Eva-Green-5.jpg

That's all I can think of right now but they don't really suit Maerad to me... i dunno i don't think there is someone famous who looks like her to me

*cough* hold auditions in england *cough* yes i think maerad would have to be an unkown *cough* would i be allowed to audition *cough* lol i always immagined her as someone like liv tyler or kira knightly. what about ardnia(sp?)? i always thought she would be quite a young looking person maybe liv tyler? lol she seems to come up alot...

Jelly Fetishist
    Fab Moretti?! Richard Armitage?!
    How can I say this without sounding conceited... ...oh, sod it, I'll just be rude. NOOOO!
    Fab Morretti looks too young for a start, and with that hair...well, the Nameless One would probably laugh at him.
    Richard Armitage is alright, but as some people have remarked, he looks way too groomed. And he doesn't fit in with the description of Cadvan - high cheekbones, a firm mouth, and large deepset eyes.
    I think Cadvan has got longish hair, not shoulder-length, but not short. There's a bit in Book 1 where he has a wash, and it describes his hair hanging over his face or something.

And Sienna Miller! Kate Beckinsale! *gags, hating them* Guys, are we forgetting that Maerad is a petite 16 year old?!

My humblest apologies to all you guys whose opinions I have laughed at, ripped up, jumped up and down on, and spat superfluously upon. But seriously, Mrs Cadvan knows best.

Even so, Richard Armitage has the nose, at the very start of Gift Maerad describes Cadvan as having an aquiline nose. AND the only reason he's "groomed" in those photos (as i've said before) is b/c he's in charater, they're the only ones i could find, actualy there was a shirtless one .

I always thought a younger Evangeline Lily would have been good http://www.gceleb.com/pictures-2/eva...e_lilly_15.jpg
    And someone mentioned the girl in A Series of Unfortunate Events, Emily Browning http://gfx.filmweb.pl/p/67481/po.76500.jpg
    Last edited by Gemini; May 24th, 2005 at 12:56 AM.