Page 5 of 122 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    In a castle in the beautiful city of christchurch --- Ruled by Me
    Hey i acctualy think eva green would be a good idea for maerad!

I think I'm going to have to agree with Gemini about Richard Armitage as Cadvan. He would be perfect, just make his hair it bit more messy, make him put on some travelling clothes and voila he has transformed from Mr Thornton to Cadvan in a few simple steps!!

No no no no no no NO!! I don't like this Richard guy at all he's not the Cadvan type to me and yes alright Fab looks too young but I still reckon he's a better Cadvan

And Mrs C... THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH FAB'S HAIR!!!!! It's curly and frizzy that's all... besides he looks hot with his little afro curls

BoA Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvia
    Hey i acctualy think eva green would be a good idea for maerad!

Okay i agree Eva Green is the closest there. but i think that there should be an unknown discovered for this part. hmmm. . . . someone . . . .someone like . . . . .well theres me . . . . . . . kidding or my friend Emma who i think is actually i good Maerad. . . . . . but yeh an unknown. so next character. i think someone mentioned earlier Joaquin Phoenix for Arken and in all honesty (no offense) but NO! he really would not suit that role. and im shocked that someone hasnt mentioned Jonny Depp in all this actor stuff. although im not too sure who he could play if he did.

my friend and i were mucking around in Drama the other day and we acted out a scene between Maerad and Cadvan. i was Cadvan and Emma was Maerad twas quite amusing really and i think this would make a really good stage production rather than a movie but it would need alot of adjusting and chopping. . . . . unfortunately thats show biz.

soz i've just been doin Drama Homework and it got me thinking so i thought since i had disappeared since my trip away i wouldcheck out this thread and see if it had avanced.

~ Tari

Quote Originally Posted by Leonie
    I think I'm going to have to agree with Gemini about Richard Armitage as Cadvan. He would be perfect, just make his hair it bit more messy, make him put on some travelling clothes and voila he has transformed from Mr Thornton to Cadvan in a few simple steps!!
    YEAH!!!! someone agrees with me. BTW did you happen to watch "North and South"?

Jelly Fetishist
    Richard Armitage: NO. After all, I would know, being married to Cadvan n' all.

Jelly Fetishist
    Oh wait, can I add some more nos?

no, no, no, no, NO, NO, NO, NOOOO!

British Comedy Fan
    Looks at all the suggestions. Well here's mine but I warn you they are going to be different and probably strange

Cadvan: Viggo Mortensen is a good suggestion. Perhaps Ioan Gruffyd from King Arthur or Craig Parker. Karl Urban would actually be great without the blonde wig. Yes - Karl Urban. See URL below for evidence

http://www.shattered-reality.org/Karl/Full/KARL23.gif

Maerad would have to be an unknown I think because I can't think of actress who has both the right look and the talent to carry it off and also won't be hampered by people going "oh look it's...)

Miranda Otto would be a good Nerili also. Otherwise I really am stuck.

In a castle in the beautiful city of christchurch --- Ruled by Me
    Quote Originally Posted by melliyna
    . Karl Urban would actually be great without the blonde wig. Yes - Karl Urban. See URL below for evidence

NOOOOOOOOOOO not karl oh no no no no no no

British Comedy Fan
    What? You have not converted to the greatness that is Karl? You heretic, you
    (I think it was mainly that that picture I found of him fitted my mental image of what Cadvan is like )

Quote Originally Posted by melliyna
    Viggo Mortensen is a good suggestion. Perhaps Ioan Gruffyd from King Arthur or Craig Parker.
    I don't think Viggo Mortensen or probably anyone who had a HUGE role in LotR would be a good choice b/c then Pellinor would really suffer from comparisons and all.
    I hadn't thought of Ioan before, he'd be ok, but he doesn't have the look (if you know what i mean, he's almost there, but not quite ) YAY! good ol' Craig is back, woot. Unfortuanaly 'The Cronicles of Riddick' forever ruined Karl Urban in my eyes, he was so ugly in that, he was pasty actualy and his hair was awful, like a weird mutation of a mullet and undercut. But you're not shaking me from the Richard tree, and that my friends is final
    Last edited by Gemini; May 25th, 2005 at 02:41 AM.

why do i not know who any of these people are? lol well i know who viggo is and the ones i suggested. lol

Jelly Fetishist
    I know guys, why don't we set ourselves a challenge: Think of a cast list that involves NO actors from LOTR. They're not the only actors in the world, after all.

Sirion is slightly insane
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Cadvan
    I know guys, why don't we set ourselves a challenge: Think of a cast list that involves NO actors from LOTR. They're not the only actors in the world, after all.
    Ok then, here goes:

Cadvan - Travis Fimmel (obviously change hair a bit)
    www.travisfimmel.homestead.com/files/97.jpg
    Maerad - Possibly Alexis Bledel or eva green ,but think that you need an unknown actress
    Hem - Alp Haydar (Darius from girls in love) but he may be a little old.
    Dernhil - umm...possibly colin firth but i actually imagine him with curly hair
    Saliman - Possibly Cuba Gooding Jr

these r just my opinions

i like travis fimmel i think if you changed his hair a bit and made him look tired ect he would suit cadvan