View Poll Results: what style should the movies be in?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • anime

19 15.20%
  • other animated stylee please say in the thread..

7 5.60%
  • normal with actors and actresses

99 79.20%

Hybrid View

the movies- should they be animated?

since none of us can decide on who should play who i thought well maybe it could be an animated movie perhaps in anime stylee so to see what you all thought about it i made a poll

Non-animated, 'Why?' you ask *ahem* Have any of you ever heard of the animated version of LotR.....

I thought so

Crazy about Pellinor!!!!! bai_xu's Avatar
    Honestly?
    I don't think The books of Pellionor should be made into a movie or a cartoon AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No offence or anything , birdie, but I think if you make it into a cartoon, it would take away the whole mystery of the book, and ruin it. I mean, has any of you seen Pokemon etc.? Even if they are adventure and fantasy cartoon, they don't look very emotional or mysterious, do they?
    As I've said in many conversations, it's not such a good idea to make it into a REAL movie either, because The Gift and Riddle is a book full of complex relationships and feelings that is near impossible to express on the screen. It stays best as a book. And that's that. Pellinor books should not be made into movies. Full stop.

acctually gemini there is a animated version of lotr! i happen to own a copy of it so put that in you pipe and smoke it lol. bai does have a good point tho maybe the books should be left as books but its up to alison really. and the animated thing was a suggestion i doubt i would acctually happen

Quote Originally Posted by bridie
    acctually gemini there is a animated version of lotr! i happen to own a copy of it so put that in you pipe and smoke it lol. bai does have a good point tho maybe the books should be left as books but its up to alison really. and the animated thing was a suggestion i doubt i would acctually happen
    well that was the point, i knew there was a cartoon version, so you've clearly misunderstood my entire point, go back read my post and concentrate on the context. My point was that that version is TERRIBLE IMO, cartoons just aren't able to capture the range of emotion and probably scenery (?) that live film can.
    And i am coming around to the view that they shouldn't be made into films, i'd come away dissapointed i suspect .

oh dear i misread what you put! your right animated lotr is crap but that was made a long time ago. but anyway ive decided that bai is right we would probably be let down by a film version. this thread is kinda pointless now isnt it....

Tho, we could still turn it into a thread arguing why the books should not be made into films...

-We would hate half of the cast
    -We would constantly moan about inconsequential things
    -Any wannbe actresss who read the book would spend the whole time staring daggers at whoever they got to play Maerad and mutter "stupid b*tch that was my part, *scoff* i could so do a better job than this git!"
    -IF any of us got our way in the Cadvan debate (heh) we'd spend the whole time drooling over Hugh/ Richard/ Hans/ Goran/ Sean...
    -Most of us are LotR fans, we should have learned out lesson by now
    -We'd argue over the stupid technical details eg "HA! we don't learn that Cadvan is obsessed with mushrooms until AFTER the scrying!"
    -We'd hate half of the locations they shot at "*pfft* WHAT! There aren't meant to mountains in THAT scene!"
    -Most of us are Harry Potter fans, why haven't we learned our lesson yet????
    -We'd cry when we realise that half the characters are no where near what they were in the books (Faramir ala Pete Jackson anyone??)
    -We'd cry when we realise that the plot progression bears only a passing resemblance to the books
    -Some of us are Earthsea fans, WHEN WILL WE GET THE POINT??!!!
    -Some of us would complain of the over abundance of crying (heh)
    -Others would say that everyone was too wooden

sooooo, in conclusion, it just wouldn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by bai_xu
    Honestly?
    I don't think The books of Pellionor should be made into a movie or a cartoon AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No offence or anything , birdie, but I think if you make it into a cartoon, it would take away the whole mystery of the book, and ruin it. I mean, has any of you seen Pokemon etc.? Even if they are adventure and fantasy cartoon, they don't look very emotional or mysterious, do they?
    As I've said in many conversations, it's not such a good idea to make it into a REAL movie either, because The Gift and Riddle is a book full of complex relationships and feelings that is near impossible to express on the screen. It stays best as a book. And that's that. Pellinor books should not be made into movies. Full stop.
    I completly agree! The books are too good...LOTR was v good...but The Gift & Ridlle are more complex...evry1 will have their own image of all the characters!
    @ least in LOTR they were all described clearly in the books. ....
    The producer/director would have a pretty hard time finding the right people 2 play maerad and Cadvan!
    and how would you know what they were talking about when the spoke in the Speech!?
    How would Darsor and Imi be able to speak with the Bards?!
    I just want them to stay as they are...but more books please!!!
    Last edited by Penny; June 21st, 2005 at 02:11 PM.

Deep, deep within a hole. (the Victorian high country)
    Have you ever heard of subtitles?
    It wouldn't be hard to imitate the speech in a movie. Just say random made-up words and use subtitles. Like the elven speech in LOTR.
    In the book it says when maerads horse first speaks to her, it just sounds like a voice in her head. That also wouldn't be hard to do.
    As for showing the emotions and thoughts of he charactors, film directors and script writers do it all the time, there are tonns of techniques used. If anything is too hard to change from the book to the movie then the text can be slightly changed.
    If it was made into a movie, it wouldn't be the first (or hardest) project similar to this that has been undertaken. Although I have to admit, it would be impractical, unless someone is willing to spend millions producing a movie on the Pellinor series. The Lord of the Rings was a popular book for 50 years before they made it into a movie.

I know what stlye the films should be........................imaginary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    I really couldnt think of which one it should be.............

Quote Originally Posted by SumSanusne
    Have you ever heard of subtitles?
    It wouldn't be hard to imitate the speech in a movie. Just say random made-up words and use subtitles. Like the elven speech in LOTR.
    In the book it says when maerads horse first speaks to her, it just sounds like a voice in her head. That also wouldn't be hard to do.
    As for showing the emotions and thoughts of he charactors, film directors and script writers do it all the time, there are tonns of techniques used. If anything is too hard to change from the book to the movie then the text can be slightly changed.
    If it was made into a movie, it wouldn't be the first (or hardest) project similar to this that has been undertaken. Although I have to admit, it would be impractical, unless someone is willing to spend millions producing a movie on the Pellinor series. The Lord of the Rings was a popular book for 50 years before they made it into a movie.
    glad someone agrees....but as you can see most people don't think it would work but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini
    Non-animated, 'Why?' you ask *ahem* Have any of you ever heard of the animated version of LotR.....

I thought so
    Yeah, but the Bakshi one is pretty bad.(Rankin Bass was pretty good though...*ehem* *bashes self with baseball bat*Stay on topic Andy)
    I'd like normal actours and actresses. I don't have a problem with animation, it's just not my favourite, esp. if it is badly done. Plus, I think the action-fantasty-type movies are better done with real people (ex., Lord of the Rings, Narnia, the Matrix, Ridley Scott movies, etc etc etc).
    That's just me though.

those fantasy type movies are pulled off very well, I must say.

NO FILM!!*SobSob*

WAAAAAAH! WHY MUST MY DREAMS BRING PAIN TO OTHERS!!!

I'm sorry...