View Poll Results: what style should the movies be in?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • anime

19 15.20%
  • other animated stylee please say in the thread..

7 5.60%
  • normal with actors and actresses

99 79.20%
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

the movies- should they be animated?

since none of us can decide on who should play who i thought well maybe it could be an animated movie perhaps in anime stylee so to see what you all thought about it i made a poll

Non-animated, 'Why?' you ask *ahem* Have any of you ever heard of the animated version of LotR.....

I thought so

Crazy about Pellinor!!!!! bai_xu's Avatar
    Honestly?
    I don't think The books of Pellionor should be made into a movie or a cartoon AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No offence or anything , birdie, but I think if you make it into a cartoon, it would take away the whole mystery of the book, and ruin it. I mean, has any of you seen Pokemon etc.? Even if they are adventure and fantasy cartoon, they don't look very emotional or mysterious, do they?
    As I've said in many conversations, it's not such a good idea to make it into a REAL movie either, because The Gift and Riddle is a book full of complex relationships and feelings that is near impossible to express on the screen. It stays best as a book. And that's that. Pellinor books should not be made into movies. Full stop.

acctually gemini there is a animated version of lotr! i happen to own a copy of it so put that in you pipe and smoke it lol. bai does have a good point tho maybe the books should be left as books but its up to alison really. and the animated thing was a suggestion i doubt i would acctually happen

Quote Originally Posted by bridie
    acctually gemini there is a animated version of lotr! i happen to own a copy of it so put that in you pipe and smoke it lol. bai does have a good point tho maybe the books should be left as books but its up to alison really. and the animated thing was a suggestion i doubt i would acctually happen
    well that was the point, i knew there was a cartoon version, so you've clearly misunderstood my entire point, go back read my post and concentrate on the context. My point was that that version is TERRIBLE IMO, cartoons just aren't able to capture the range of emotion and probably scenery (?) that live film can.
    And i am coming around to the view that they shouldn't be made into films, i'd come away dissapointed i suspect .

oh dear i misread what you put! your right animated lotr is crap but that was made a long time ago. but anyway ive decided that bai is right we would probably be let down by a film version. this thread is kinda pointless now isnt it....

Tho, we could still turn it into a thread arguing why the books should not be made into films...

-We would hate half of the cast
    -We would constantly moan about inconsequential things
    -Any wannbe actresss who read the book would spend the whole time staring daggers at whoever they got to play Maerad and mutter "stupid b*tch that was my part, *scoff* i could so do a better job than this git!"
    -IF any of us got our way in the Cadvan debate (heh) we'd spend the whole time drooling over Hugh/ Richard/ Hans/ Goran/ Sean...
    -Most of us are LotR fans, we should have learned out lesson by now
    -We'd argue over the stupid technical details eg "HA! we don't learn that Cadvan is obsessed with mushrooms until AFTER the scrying!"
    -We'd hate half of the locations they shot at "*pfft* WHAT! There aren't meant to mountains in THAT scene!"
    -Most of us are Harry Potter fans, why haven't we learned our lesson yet????
    -We'd cry when we realise that half the characters are no where near what they were in the books (Faramir ala Pete Jackson anyone??)
    -We'd cry when we realise that the plot progression bears only a passing resemblance to the books
    -Some of us are Earthsea fans, WHEN WILL WE GET THE POINT??!!!
    -Some of us would complain of the over abundance of crying (heh)
    -Others would say that everyone was too wooden

sooooo, in conclusion, it just wouldn't work...

lol i agree with all of those points especially the second one...

Well I for think the books should be made into films because they would be great, if:
    1. The casting is great. [talented actors/actresses].
    2. The director is talented, doesn't need to be well known.
    3. They use Lucus Arts -ILM [Industrial Light and magic] for the visual effects because they ROCK!
    and also if the films are a success then they will also advertise the books on a huge scale.

HeHeHe
    Ye Olde RAINIE Scotland (inverness to be exact)
    i think that the book could be a film b/cits just another way of tellin the story and since barly any1 now a days reads books more ppl wood go see a film and more ppl wood experianc the story and the hole pont of this post is 2 say that i love the book and if most ppl like films then i want them to no the story and like it coz alison deserves it for havin such a great book

ive don it again ive confused myself

i think that most books shouldnt be made into a film or anything else for that matter its too good as a book and the film wouldnt be able to live up to it!

No way would I want the books to be made into a movie. Okay, just to express myself clearly, here is ONE of the MANY examples that is written in the book, that is impossible to act on the screen, even if we had the mosted talented actors and actresses and directors on the set, yodee.

Spoiler:
    In the Riddle, on page410,
    the last paragraph, Maerad has just been hurt by the Winterking, on the insides, and it says:

The Winterking stepped down from the dais and walked towards her, and then bent down and took her chin in her hand.

This bit will be quite easy to act out, but what about the next bit???

His hand was cold as ice, and its strength inexorable, but his touch was gentle. Maerad looked up into his eyes and instantly forgot everything in a rush of desire. She blinked with humiliation, seeing a flash of triumph in Arkan's eyes, and tried to hide her face.

I'm sorry, but how on erath will you be able to act that out on the screen????

see! you half agree and half disagree

What I was trying to say there, is that all the action bits in the book will be easy to act out, but what about the emotions and loves in the book? The relationships, the subtle movements that make the characters come alive, so it makes the books worthwhile??? Without them, what is left?
    You do realise that we are only attached to the characters because we have seen inside their mind, seen how they have developed from one person into the next, e.g. Maerad from a slave with little hope in her heart to a woman with love that spills generously, and that is what most of the other fantasy books failed to achieve. Without this, the movies of Pellinor will seem empty and meaningless, just another adventure where the good defeat the evil.

Don't you think?

yep, thats why i think it shouldnt be made into a movie it would be too hard and not enogh emotion in it. it couldnt get the bits were cadvan sort of quietly loves mearad but doesnt show it