View Poll Results: what style should the movies be in?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • anime

19 15.20%
  • other animated stylee please say in the thread..

7 5.60%
  • normal with actors and actresses

99 79.20%
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Crazy about Pellinor!!!!! bai_xu's Avatar
    Exactly!

If the movie were to be animated, Hayao Miyazaki must animate it. No one else will do.

hi, i agree wid most of the points made. + im in 2 mind whether or not it shud be made in2 a film. cos if the film cant portray they emotions and complex relationships between the characters then it wudn't do the book justice. + then no1 wud want 2 read the book cos they wud think it was crap!!! well jst a thought.

Yeah well the great Directors all manage to keep the emotions, what about Star wars and the revenge of the Sith - I'd say that was quite emotional especially the scene with Ben and Anikan/Darth Vader or the scene with Padme. I think the Lord of the Rings trilogy was emotional as well in some ways.
    Spoiler:
    In the Riddle, on page410,
    the last paragraph, Maerad has just been hurt by the Winterking, on the insides, and it says:

The Winterking stepped down from the dais and walked towards her, and then bent down and took her chin in her hand.

This bit will be quite easy to act out, but what about the next bit???

His hand was cold as ice, and its strength inexorable, but his touch was gentle. Maerad looked up into his eyes and instantly forgot everything in a rush of desire. She blinked with humiliation, seeing a flash of triumph in Arkan's eyes, and tried to hide her face.

I'm sorry, but how on erath will you be able to act that out on the screen????

yeah well I think a good actress would be able to act that particular scene with ease. She just needs to act out desire and hunger - she can just think about a huge chocolate bar
    Aahh I could probably think about others about humiliation etc. but I cannot be bothered. Oh and she or Arkan have the scenes shot seperately so that the portrayal of the emotions won't be that difficult.Methinks.

it would be too hard as i said before, did you have to mention chocolate

Mmmmmmmmm.....chocolate........
    Anyway, as I said before, the scene with Arkan, the Winterking that was posted above is only one of the MANY scenes that is hard to shoot. Just noiw, I can think of about 3, and if I flick through book quickly, I will probs discover about 100 in 10 secs.

is there a way to add a "no movie" option to the poll? much as i would love to see Cadvan on screen he would never really be Cadvan as everyone has their own imaginary version

Exactly, and it's the same with every character, and scenery.

lol u people cant decide wheather to have a film or not you say it would be too hard then you come up with reasons to have it then not

yeh we really need to start agreeing on things. i think that we should ask alison when she comes back

Ok, for the 99999999999999999999999999time, I'm going to express my view:

THE PELLINOR BOOKS SHOULD REMAIN AS BOOKSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!(NOT AS MOVIES)

If the books are never made into movies, then it leaves room for every individual reader to imagine the characters, the scenery and the other things that a movie would destroy. The movie might be absolutely brilliant (if lucky!) but the chances are it wouldn't, and then you can't imagine much. Some people are turned off reading a book because the movie was bad, for example.

I agree with bai_xu that it's difficult to convey every emotion and feeling in a movie, not to mention the background history, the inner thoughts and so on.

i agree they should remain as books because the books are too good

bai xu i will not argue with you on your point. i agree that making a movie of such an excellent book will ruin our imagination. we all have different perspectives and so our portrayal of the pellinor series will be depicted differently with each different reader in the way they favour it to be. and if a movie was to made of this, our distinctive perspectives of the series will be crushed or smothered. those who have read the books first and then watch the movie will always make comparisons, either slight or colossal and mutter their disappointments. possibly a riot could occur.

if the books were to stay as books, possibilities and imaginations will run limitless. unlike the book, the movie would stomp our own unique imaginations.

if well-written books were to turn into movies, disappointment may not be far off.
    if a well-produced movie was written into a book, it would not capture everything that was portrayed in the film.
    a theory that does not always fit, but sometimes do.
    and of course there will always be criticisms, whether they be negative, neutral, or positve.
    Last edited by a mere shadow; June 17th, 2005 at 01:41 AM.

These are all brilliant points - especially about the crying!!! We should have learnt our lesson from various other books that have been destroyed by the movie business!!!

I mean if the Pellinor series were made into movies I bet we would all hate it and little details which were wrong in the movie would irritate us no end!!

For example in Star Wars the recent one...can't actually remember what it was called...something to do with the Sith or something...anyway did anyone else notice that in the Return of the Jedi Leia (sp?) said that she could vaguely remember her mother...well how on earth does that fit in with Padme dying in child birth???? That point irritated me no end and completely ruined the film for me!!

Anyway back to my point if they did something like that to the Pellinor series...Maerad can remember her mother but actually she died in childbirth...wouldn't that annoy you no end???! Listen to the voice of reason and never ever make a film it would just be too disappointing!!
    Last edited by Leonie; June 17th, 2005 at 06:26 AM.