View Poll Results: what style should the movies be in?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • anime

19 15.20%
  • other animated stylee please say in the thread..

7 5.60%
  • normal with actors and actresses

99 79.20%
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bai_xu
    Honestly?
    I don't think The books of Pellionor should be made into a movie or a cartoon AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No offence or anything , birdie, but I think if you make it into a cartoon, it would take away the whole mystery of the book, and ruin it. I mean, has any of you seen Pokemon etc.? Even if they are adventure and fantasy cartoon, they don't look very emotional or mysterious, do they?
    As I've said in many conversations, it's not such a good idea to make it into a REAL movie either, because The Gift and Riddle is a book full of complex relationships and feelings that is near impossible to express on the screen. It stays best as a book. And that's that. Pellinor books should not be made into movies. Full stop.
    I completly agree! The books are too good...LOTR was v good...but The Gift & Ridlle are more complex...evry1 will have their own image of all the characters!
    @ least in LOTR they were all described clearly in the books. ....
    The producer/director would have a pretty hard time finding the right people 2 play maerad and Cadvan!
    and how would you know what they were talking about when the spoke in the Speech!?
    How would Darsor and Imi be able to speak with the Bards?!
    I just want them to stay as they are...but more books please!!!
    Last edited by Penny; June 21st, 2005 at 02:11 PM.

Deep, deep within a hole. (the Victorian high country)
    Have you ever heard of subtitles?
    It wouldn't be hard to imitate the speech in a movie. Just say random made-up words and use subtitles. Like the elven speech in LOTR.
    In the book it says when maerads horse first speaks to her, it just sounds like a voice in her head. That also wouldn't be hard to do.
    As for showing the emotions and thoughts of he charactors, film directors and script writers do it all the time, there are tonns of techniques used. If anything is too hard to change from the book to the movie then the text can be slightly changed.
    If it was made into a movie, it wouldn't be the first (or hardest) project similar to this that has been undertaken. Although I have to admit, it would be impractical, unless someone is willing to spend millions producing a movie on the Pellinor series. The Lord of the Rings was a popular book for 50 years before they made it into a movie.

I know what stlye the films should be........................imaginary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    I really couldnt think of which one it should be.............

Quote Originally Posted by SumSanusne
    Have you ever heard of subtitles?
    It wouldn't be hard to imitate the speech in a movie. Just say random made-up words and use subtitles. Like the elven speech in LOTR.
    In the book it says when maerads horse first speaks to her, it just sounds like a voice in her head. That also wouldn't be hard to do.
    As for showing the emotions and thoughts of he charactors, film directors and script writers do it all the time, there are tonns of techniques used. If anything is too hard to change from the book to the movie then the text can be slightly changed.
    If it was made into a movie, it wouldn't be the first (or hardest) project similar to this that has been undertaken. Although I have to admit, it would be impractical, unless someone is willing to spend millions producing a movie on the Pellinor series. The Lord of the Rings was a popular book for 50 years before they made it into a movie.
    glad someone agrees....but as you can see most people don't think it would work but who knows

maybe they should wait 50 years before they make it into a movie

personally, i think that the books should be made into movies with REAL actors and real settings... I mean animated just... hmm.. how do i put this..........animated doesn't give the same luminosity and awe that a cartoon does.. Think about LOTR, the settings in the cartoon Rivendell and compare it to the actual movie. Not to mention the characters did an awesome job. As for picking actors/actresses, I think someone unknown should be pick out. However, I think it should be someone maybe younger than Maerad?? Then she would have time to kind of... prepare for the role.. and then when she is around Maerad's age, filming would start??? Just a thought.. =)

Deep, deep within a hole. (the Victorian high country)
    Sorry!
    Anyway, about the movie.............

Cadvans sword should be like Aragorn's from LOTR. All these suggestions 'bout characters & just refering back to LOTR and using it as an example are getting rather common!Ah well!

Art! Yay!

late, but still opinionated

Abandoned? Well, since I’m late to this party, I’ll help with the revival. While I think that perhaps such a sprawling fantasy epic would retain more flair as a mini-series (despite the dangers of it becoming low-budget) – an animated movie has a lot of charm. We’ve all seen bad animation – but rarely have we seen great animation. I know it exists, though – “The Last Unicorn,” for example or “The Rats of Nihm (spelling?).” I think if you got the right team an animated movie could do much more for the series then live-action.

And anime? Really? I mean, unless you have Hayao Miyazaki working on it, the style isn't even worth considering. (Sorry to those anime fans, but anime is one of those things for me that I don't consider worth doing unless you're going to spend twenty years on one movie).
    Last edited by samantha; July 31st, 2005 at 12:34 PM.

Im stupid. I voted for that 'aimne' thing when i dont know what it is.!!!!!!

lovely UK... sunshine capital of the world.

can i join the club

lapin - for my media project I wrote a 1000 word essay on the pro's and cons of anime video games not knowing what it was. lets just in the same boat together....

I don't want the books to become films but like allt he speculation about who should play who if there was to be films......

In my opinon it could never be anime simply because i dont think you can get all the different emotions we humans can (sorry to anyone who disagrees) although im actually not sure it should be made into a movie at all.....

it should SOOOOOO be in anime.

everybody likes ANIME!!!!!!!!!

If you dont you SUCK! hee hee, just kidding

how do you people survive in (where do ya live again) oh yeah AUSTRALIA!!!

thats like all the way round the world!!!!!!!!

anyway you still should like ANIME!!!

It shouldnt be a film at all! it will spoil the whole ......brilliance (eh owleye...big word!!! ) of the books!

i would think that ... but anime alresdy exists so i'll have to disagree with thee (see what i did there?)