View Poll Results: What do you think will happen between them??

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I dont think anything will.

19 14.62%
  • Yes I think it will

111 85.38%
Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Cool

maybe in someway he thinks its wrong because she young and vunrebble.
    and because he thinks that shes in love with derhill maybe?
    like in the gift he says about the roumers about him and maerad how cross he got over them.
    Spoiler:
    then again he tells her at the end of the riddle that she should never be ashmed of her love.maybe thats his way of telling her not to be ashmed of her feelings for him.

LOVVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
    OK,OK, but I can hope can't I??!!!
    LOL...ok...uh..yea..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Leonie
    ...2008 here we come!!!
    uuugghh(groaning of pain)

Quote Originally Posted by *~bridie~*
    i think it is 2007 for australians and 2008 and for england and sometime alot later for america.
    HA!i live in spain, and i most C-E-R-T-A-i-N-L-Y won't be waiting till 2008 for the singing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....il just order it from Australia when it comes out, like i did last time with the crow!

Oi....have any of you ever thought of www.alisoncroggon.com - Sample chapters...? alison put sample chapters for the gift the riddle and the crow....and it's been a while since the crow came out, so there should be sample chapters of the singing!?

...anyone have anything to say about that??

i asked her and i think she said when she got the drafts she'd put them up...dont memeber how long that will be tho..cant remember

Quote Originally Posted by piglover4551
    i asked her and i think she said when she got the drafts she'd put them up...dont memeber how long that will be tho..cant remember
    They probably won't be up until January or February.

The thing to get excited about is it's being written right now. On a computer somewhere in Melbourne... Maerad and Cadvan's final adventure is taking shape

ekkkkkk when u really think bout that it makes u feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyKoala
    yeah.... what i'm a little confused about is whenever Cadvan looks at Maerad with a 'tender expression he never showed her before'. It's mentioned in the Gift when theyre in Rachida and he strokes the hair out of her face and in the Riddle when they get reunited and she tells him how she fell in love with the winterking and he said not to be ashamed of her feelings.... so cute... so what do those 'tender expressions' mean?
    hey everyone! sorry I haven't been on in like, 2 weeks, but I was on vacation at the beach...*ahhh* ... <sigh of relaxation> ok, back on topic, I was doin' a little, ok, ALOT of research in the Gift and the Riddle looking for the page numbers for the 4 (yes, i said a big whoopin' 4) moments in the books I like to call 'unguarded tenderness/tenderness never shown before'. each one is a moment in the books where Cadvan gives Maerad a look of 'unguarded tenderness' (or something like that), and I can sadly only remember 3 of the 4. well, one is in Rachidna (sp?) a crowd favourite when Cadvan sees Maerad asleep and gently brushes away some of the hair from her face, etc, etc, etc.......(goes on for a while) and in the Riddle when they're going through the Gwalhain (sp again?) pass before....well, I'm not gonna bother spoilering this one, u know what happends *sob sob...so sad* and they stop 2 rest in one of those little caves and Cadvan gives her a look of tenderness or somethin', and at the end of the Riddle when our little lovebirds are reunited (sorry, i just couldn't resist that one!) and they're sittin' by the fire and talking. now, I KNOW that the fourth one is in the Riddle, but I JUST CAN'T REMEMBER! wow, this be very annoying! so keep a lookout for that last little moment please so that my life will be complete.... well, it will be after the Singing comes out! hehe...lol he...lol

ok, not funny anymore

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by annie_girl
    now, I KNOW that the fourth one is in the Riddle, but I JUST CAN'T REMEMBER! wow, this be very annoying! so keep a lookout for that last little moment please so that my life will be complete.... well, it will be after the Singing comes out! hehe...lol he...lol
    ok, not funny anymore
    lol, how can u not remember? it's the bit in the riddle when theyre in the boat and he looks at her with an 'ungaurded tender expression' and implies that she's beautiful...
    maybe that's wat you're looking for? all the moments and more, i've typed them up, its in pages 40 and 41 of this thread... look there....

anyway my question is what do all those tender expressions mean?

Who cares what they mean exactly as long as it happens.

Is it just me, or does anyone else daydream and play little movies in there head of how Maerad and Cadvan will fall in love? I find myself doing that ALOT. lol

i think something will happenand and itll be maerad who makes the move

beacause it happens in every single book like this

and tender expressins could be fatherly or a secret luv

lol, how can u not remember? it's the bit in the riddle when theyre in the boat and he looks at her with an 'ungaurded tender expression' and implies that she's beautiful...
    maybe that's wat you're looking for? all the moments and more, i've typed them up, its in pages 40 and 41 of this thread... look there....

wow, i just read page 40-41 and I must say, I truly enjoyed it. It was like reading all the parts I wanted to read.

but I have a question. How many forms of 'ungaurded tender expressions' is Cadvan going to "display" or what ever. Every time he gets an expression it says it a tender expression that he's never shown before. I cant imagine them all. Sorry if that doesnt make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Paigey Poo
    wow, i just read page 40-41 and I must say, I truly enjoyed it. It was like reading all the parts I wanted to read.

but I have a question. How many forms of 'ungaurded tender expressions' is Cadvan going to "display" or what ever. Every time he gets an expression it says it a tender expression that he's never shown before. I cant imagine them all. Sorry if that doesnt make sense
    yeah that's just what i was asking and u said 'who cares'... lol... funny how people change... im also confused about what those expressions are supposed to be like and that's why i asked what are those expressions meant to EXPRESS/mean... does he look at her like he's in love with her/ finds her attractive? Does he just look at her like a baby and thinks she's innocent and cute like a baby?...

anyway, about how it says he never showed it before but then he shows it again and again it says he never showed it before, i think i kind of understand it now. The first time he looked at her like that was in Rachida. Maybe he looked at her in a caring way, and thought she looked nice in a neutral fatherly way or maybe romantic way, I don't know. seriously, we should ask Alison about all these tender expressions! Anyway, that was the first time. And he never showed it before to her and she still isn't seeing it now that she's asleep. second time he looked at her was in the Riddle on the boat in the moonlight (how romantic. lol. ) and she actually SAW the expression, it was an ungaurded tender expression. THAT expression might have been like he was attracted to her, because i think it's the same expression when Dernhil looks at her in the Gift, and it reminds her of her childhood fear of men both times, only when Cadvan does it, at first she's uncomfortable and then she feels jealous (or i think it said she felt a cold feeling in the pit of her stomach or something) because she thinks she reminded him of some girl he liked (i think Alison said it means Ceredin). Third time was later on in the Gwalhain pass when she was complaining about the snow or something and wanted to sleep in a cave or something or she wanted to get out of that mountainous area and he had a tender expression on his face she NEVER saw before, and UNGAURDED TENDERNESS. Now that's confusing because she did see an 'ungaurded tender expression' before on the boat. Maybe this tenderness is the same as the one in Rachida or a new one, just expressing his care for her in a fatherly/friendly way? Then the fourth one is at the end of the riddle when she tells him about Arkan and he looks at her with a tenderness he NEVER showed before. Maybe THIS one is a tenderness he NEVER showed WILLINGLY? I can't think of any other explanation... we should ask Alison for the real explanations...
    Last edited by SunnyKoala; August 14th, 2006 at 04:31 AM.