Hamilton Book with a Misprint

So.... I have a Peter Hamilton book with a huge misprint. They reprinted about 150 pages in one of the Night's Dawn trilogy books. Not sure which one right at the moment b/c I am in the process of moving and the books are packed.

I wouldn't trade the book or even sell it or anything. I am one of those weird book collectors who just can't bear to part with them. Even my mother marveled when I told her that I will never sell the 1st edition stuff that I have.

But... anyone heard of this misprint in the american release of this trilogy? I think it was a misprint in The Neutronium Alchemist. The page numbers continue as normal but the TEXT actually reprints about 100 or 150 pages.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisC View Post
    So.... I have a Peter Hamilton book with a huge misprint. They reprinted about 150 pages in one of the Night's Dawn trilogy books. Not sure which one right at the moment b/c I am in the process of moving and the books are packed.

I wouldn't trade the book or even sell it or anything. I am one of those weird book collectors who just can't bear to part with them. Even my mother marveled when I told her that I will never sell the 1st edition stuff that I have.

But... anyone heard of this misprint in the american release of this trilogy? I think it was a misprint in The Neutronium Alchemist. The page numbers continue as normal but the TEXT actually reprints about 100 or 150 pages.
    I've almost finished The Neutronium Alchemist and haven't noticed anything. However I did run into something like that many years ago in a book called Maia by Richard Adams where one chapter repeated and the subsequent chapter went missing! I remember having to go to the library and borrowing an extra copy to find out what happened!

Quote Originally Posted by DDCOrange View Post
    I've almost finished The Neutronium Alchemist and haven't noticed anything. However I did run into something like that many years ago in a book called Maia by Richard Adams where one chapter repeated and the subsequent chapter went missing! I remember having to go to the library and borrowing an extra copy to find out what happened!
    I had this happen with a audiobook from Audible. It was with Enders Game when it first came out. One of the chapters repeated and half of another chapter was missing completely. I realized this only because I was familiar with book having physically read it before. I reported the problem and they fixed it.

http://tinyurl.com/363ogv DurzoBlint's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I had it occur in the first paperback edition of Interview With a Vampire. I was a poor college kid (as opposed to a poor adult now) and took it back to the bookstore and received a new book. Not sure if they are worth anything with the errors in them, probably my luck that they are.