Thread: Wraith Tide

Wraith Tide

For anyone who's interested, a small extract from Wraith Tide, the concluding chapter of The Erebus Equilibrium trilogy has now been posted here at SFFWorld.

You can read it HERE. All comments and feedback welcomed!

it sounds fantastic from what i just read in that small extract. it has me hungering for more.

cass

Yes, I too enjoyed the extracts very much. They're all so different from one another, and I'm fascinated to see how you draw all these threads together.

One thought I had was about the backstory - one of my own bugbears. Are there ways to reveal it more indirectly (through dialogue) or even just to have the bare outlines and as it were cut to the chase? In the Prologue I found myself really sitting up when the Scavenger found the stone - and maybe that part could be shifted up earlier, with the visuals of the condemned immortals, maybe it's enough to know that they were there and what they were doing, and the why of it can come later. Same with the girl's background/biography.

It's a very tricky point in fantasy, because of course one can take nothing for granted - this whole world has to be conveyed and described, and I guess there's no easy way to do it.

Cheers

Alison

Thanks for the comments, guys.

In case you were wondering, Wraith Tide was published in October - ISBN 1-58939-101-2

I've read the Wraith Tide excerpt and have not been disappointed in it. It represents what I have come to expect from you as a writer, imaginative, erudite, tightly reasoned and well described. I also appreciate your pacing, phrasing and word choices. The story is intriguing and makes me curious for more, so you've made a convert. Can't wait to see you get the success you deserve. When it happens, I will be among those raising a ruckus on your behalf. Good show, erebus!

A very intriging begining, Erebus!
    Keep up the good work!

Thanks, Penumbra and Bardos!

Greetings, Neil!
    I just finished reading your excerpts, and as usuall, they were intriguing and fascinating.
    I was a little confused in the beginning of the prologue, although the description was highly imaginative and vivid, but as soon as the scavenger was introduced, it became much more intresting, his peacing together of the mirror was cool.

The second excerpt was intresting, and quite original. I don't remember reading about an ice-skating heroine, especially not in fantasy, and the way it ended was quite, well... a thing like that could be a shock!

And speaking of endings, in regard to the third excerpt: hey, that's not fair!

I hope to be able to buy your books soon.

Lior

And speaking of endings, in regard to the third excerpt: hey, that's not fair!
    Hi Lior, and a Happy New Year to you!

Thanks for feedback - glad you liked the snippets!

Sorry that it seems a little short, but hey, I can't give too much a way, can I! And yes, without the benefit of having read any of the books in the series, I guess all of the excerpts here may seem a little disjointed or confusing! Glad you liked the Ice Skater though - and yes, there is so much more to find out about that particular character!

If you are able to get hold of the complete Erebus Equilibrium series, I really hope you enjoy them all! Wraith Tide is probably the darkest of the three books in the trilogy, but I've been extremely pleased with the feedback thus far!

Cheers, Neil