Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Search engines are great!

Yahoo Directory

However, I don't know of sites dedicated to listing and tracking Cons... I've seen them for Renaissance Festivals that list them all and show attendence and dates and links to sites. But not for Cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo is me
    Does anyone have a website for U.S. conventions? I am interested in smaller conventions.
    Here's my list of U.S. based conventions:
    http://www.abbygoldsmith.com/writing...ites.html#cons

Nova Scotia at WorldCon

I also hope to be at a panel for "Nova Scotia" which is a wonderful anthology of Scottish SFF writers - but the time hasn't been arranged yet
    I've got a story in the Nova Scotia anthology, but I can't be at Worldcon.... just my luck... I'm only 40 miles away in Edinburgh and can't attend! I'll be at Blackwells in Edinburgh for the launch next week though......

Say hello to everybody for me

Willie
    http://www.willie.meikle.btinternet.co.uk

GemQuest Moderator Gary Wassner's Avatar

missed opportunities

Okay, so I missed this entire thread until now! I was in Glasgow and I did see James, but only briefly as he was on his cell and I was on my way to Edinburgh. I missed Glenda's reading and I didn't know about yours, Funky, until just now, and as it happens, I am already in London. Hobbit, I knew you were going to be there, but alas, I missed you as well.

We really need to be better organized for the next major convention. I am so disappointed that I left before locating all the people whose screen names are so much a part of my daily life. I did have the opportunity to have tea with Sammie and Jacquin this afternoon in London though.

So, who will be in Madison, Wisconsin for World Fantasy in November??

If you check Locus on-line it has convention listings, by state and month I think. Here

The magazine has listings every so often also.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hobbit, I knew you were going to be there, but alas, I missed you as well.
    Sorry I missed you too, Gary! Met James Barclay (NOM) who is great - had a really good laugh with him (as well as the deeper stuff!)

So many places to be... so little time! Still trying to track down Debbie/Funky - though she was mentioned at the TOR/Macmillan launch.

Glenda is lovely - went to hear her reading and our paths have crossed a couple of times since!

Lots and lots of Scottish writes here, Willie, both genre and non-genre! - as you might expect! Will say 'Hi' to those I can.....

Hobbit (more beer - hic! )
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by FicusFan
    If you check Locus on-line it has convention listings, by state and month I think. Here

The magazine has listings every so often also.
    Good link, Ficus! I didn't think about checking Locus for listings. Thanks.

Glad to be of help.

My next con is probably Albacon. A very small con in Albany NY, in October.

Well, I'm back - had a brilliant - but completely exhausting - time! Met James B. and had a lovely chat - but missed everyone else. It's not surprising really, the Con was pretty large and spread out between the SEC & the hotels... it seems there are always at least 2 places you want to be at the same time!

Gary & Hobbit - I'm really sorry I missed you. Gary, I did find your Chapter sampler & am looking forward to reading it when my brain starts working again! Sadly, although I was mentioned at the Tor panel, I was double-booked on another panel at the time! (With Susanna Clarke who went on to win the Best Novel Hugo for "Johnathan Strange..." - she is a lovely lady.) It was brilliant to see Charlie Stross win for best short story too - lovely kilt!

Willie M. I was scheduled to be on a panle with you so I'm sorry you couldn't make it - I will however, be in Blackwells this week so look forward to seeing you there. Nova Scotia did well & had a real presence at the Con.

Tired hugs (but no more lovely air-kisses cos I'm done!)
    Funky

PS: Eastercon 2006 - Glasgow again! Mebbe...

Nova Scotia Launch in Edinburgh

Hi funky

II'm on the reserve list for readings on Thursday. I've been asked to prepare to do a short reading in case anybody pulls out. I'll be there with my wife and a group of friends attempting to polish off all the free booze

Willie
    http://www.willie.meikle.btinternet.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Me back too - sort of!

It was fun... funky, I missed you (I'm now realising how big the thing was!), but got a signed copy of your new book Swarmthief's Dance from Borders in the centre of Glasgow. Not the same, I know... but it's a start.

Met Glenda and James from the Forums, which was great!

Willie, you were on the programme panel list - sorry you couldn't make it but hopes all goes well.

And as I've been hanging about with the luvvies over the past few days, I've got into the habit - so mwah, mwah from me, darlings!

Hobbit - seriously thinking about Eastercon!
    Mark

GemQuest Moderator Gary Wassner's Avatar
    You should all cross the Atlantic in November and come to WFC in Madison, Wisconsin. NYC is on the way too.

WFC is more of an industry convention than a fan convention, which is actually kind of nice. Sorry, no masquerade. Scott Bakker, Matt Stover and I will be there. We really could make a good show of it if more of you decided to come.

Tsk, tsk, you're forgetting me, Gary. I'll be there.

Blog Entries
    We really could make a good show of it if more of you decided to come.
    Sadly, November isn't really an option for me - certainly less than Easter or the summer. But I am very jealous - Scott, Matt, Gary and Kevin together sounds great!

Hobbit
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit
    Scott, Matt, Gary and Kevin together sounds great!
    We get to talk about everybody else who isn't there (an incentive for others to attend).