Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We get to talk about everybody else who isn't there
    I got the impression that happens anyway.

As I was saying, "About THAT Gary Wassner....."

Hobbit
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit
    I got the impression that happens anyway.

As I was saying, "About THAT Gary Wassner....."

Hobbit
    No, no, that's THE Gary Wassner...

GemQuest Moderator Gary Wassner's Avatar
    I don't beleive that you ever told me you were definitely coming. If you did Kevin, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. You know what a misanthrope I am, so you'll probably have to suffer my company most of the time anyway. Is Lise coming too? If she's not, then I may have to rethink what I just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wassner
    I don't beleive that you ever told me you were definitely coming. If you did Kevin, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. You know what a misanthrope I am, so you'll probably have to suffer my company most of the time anyway. Is Lise coming too? If she's not, then I may have to rethink what I just said.
    Well! And here I thought it was my scintillating conversation that was keeping you in evidence in Phoenix...

Yes, Lise is coming. (Only to see you, of course... )

The good news is that we should have enough of an SFFWorld grouping that we can actually make a party of it this time.

And, for those of you who didn't make it to Scotland to see Gary (and perhaps attend Worldcon as a side trip), do plan on coming to the U.S. equivalent of WorldCon this year, CascadiaCon, which is being held in Seattle in September (at which you get to see me ). There is also the smaller Foolscap convention in the Seattle area earlier in September, for any of you locals.

NOVA SCOTIA Edinburgh Launch

Had a great time at the Nova Scotia launch last night. Met Debbie/Funky, hung out with Hugo award winners Stross and MacLeod, signed a ton of books and generally had a blast. Now its on the 23rd and a shindig at the Edinburgh Book Festival for the anthology... I can hardly wait......

Willie
    http://www.willie.meikle.btinternet.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit
    Me back too - sort of!

It was fun... funky, I missed you (I'm now realising how big the thing was!), but got a signed copy of your new book Swarmthief's Dance from Borders in the centre of Glasgow. Not the same, I know... but it's a start.

Met Glenda and James from the Forums, which was great!

Willie, you were on the programme panel list - sorry you couldn't make it but hopes all goes well.

And as I've been hanging about with the luvvies over the past few days, I've got into the habit - so mwah, mwah from me, darlings!

Hobbit - seriously thinking about Eastercon!
    What's Easter Con and is that on this side of the pond? BTW I am green, absolutely green with envy Hobbit, sounds like you had a brilliant time at Worldcon plus I saw your 'I just bought list' Not fair!

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, Leiali- I did have a great time.

EasterCon is the UK event - much smaller than WorldCon, but quite intimate. The next one is at the same place as the WorldCon. Information HERE

There's also the one in November that is supposedly very good for books - this is called (surprisingly enough) Novacon. (link HERE for details). This is Midlands based as it's the Birmingham Group that set it up.

Then there's the Fantasy Convention, (FantasyCon) where you can take part in the British Fantasy Awards. (Link HERE).

Willie - pleased you had a great time!

Hobbit
    Mark

Thanks Hobbit. I think I shall just start saving up now for the next world con

Well Leiali, the next worldcon is August 23-27, 2006 in LA. The one after that is in Japan.

Hmm....I can't see that being cheap.

Steven Savile
    I'll be doing Dragoncon in Atlanta at the start of September, and then Games Workshop's Games Day at the NEC in Birmingham on the 25th September and then Fantasycon in Walsal for the last weekend in Sept.

Hope to see someone somewhere - I know James B. is scheduled for Fantasycon - so that'll be what, five years since we last guzzled beer and had fun... sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Savile
    I'll be doing Dragoncon in Atlanta at the start of September
    Finally, someone else going to Dragon*Con. I was afraid I was going to be the only one from here wearing a 'Slave Princess Leia' costume for three days...

I'm one of the new guys around here Steve... glad to meet ya'!

~Dan

GemQuest Moderator Gary Wassner's Avatar
    You are going to be in the States and not in NYC Steve? I was going to go to Dragon Con but I just never got around to inquiring. I just got back last night from Dublin.

Steven Savile
    Dan - I've got a bunch of friends meeting up there, I am sure there's a message board or something so we can sign up where we are so you can find us...

Gary - NYC next time, for ELEMENTAL mate, around March time I think, I'm in Atlanta and Nashville for a couple of weeks. So did you like Dublin? I did, once I got it all sorted out in my head, where everything was. Funny how we missed each other in both Glasgow and Dublin these last couple of weeks...

Sounds great, Steve! Go ahead and post a 'SFFWorld' gathering time and place if there's a board, and we'll lift a pint to your health! Or you can leave a message for us @ the Hilton--wifey and I will be staying there. Contact info sent PM. When's your reading?

GARY! Awwww, come-on down! It's shaping up to be a party, you gotta come to Hotlanta! $200 and change non-stop on Delta from JFK--if you don't want to get a car, let me know, and we'll pick you up @ the airport.