Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    This thing is shaping up to be a disaster. Andy Hallet (he plays Lorne (I think!) on Angel) has yet to show up. He's supposed to "be in the hotel" at 5:00pm, too late for his scheduled appearance last night at the cocktail party my wife went to (AH was supposed to sing).

He also pulled the same crap at a Vulkon in Cleveland a couple of years ago.

What a bum!

Steven Savile
    Actually Joss was never supposed to come - he was never actually invited and when he HEARD that he'd been listed on the website he told them he wasn't coming and to remove his name... this dance went on a long time... but basically it was the dragoncon organisers being ijits...

Novicee... we missed you! Glad you had a good time. Highlight for me, far and away, was listening to Hattie Hayridge's panel. I REALLY had a complete fan moment when I past her on the walk of fame and just couldn't bring myself to make an idiot out of myself and say hello - because she was scoffing a sandwich... didn't want to force her to talk with her mouth full

I had a blast at DC, and intend to return next year -

John - what a nightmare with Andy Hallet and Tony Head bailing! Ack!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Savile
    John - what a nightmare with Andy Hallet and Tony Head bailing! Ack!
    I second that. Hope your wife is having fun anyways, John!

I had my own fanboy moments @ Dragon*Con, Steve. One was when I had my picture taken with Erin Grey (Battlestar Galactica - original TV series)... I've got this huge school-boy grin on my face--I'm happy to say I have the original on that pic and it will likely not see the light of the internet-day.

My personal highlight of the Con was (aside from meeting Steven), attending a reading by Peter S. Beagle. I sat there mesmerized for almost an hour while he read. It was truly a moving experience. I'm happy to see an unabridged audiobook version of THE LAST UNICORN (read by Peter) was released in June?

~Dan

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    Anyone planning on attending TusCon in Tucson, AZ 18-20 Nov?

GemQuest Moderator Gary Wassner's Avatar
    I don't know much about it. Can you post a link?

I got the schedule for WFC (World Fantasy Convention) in Madison, Wisconsin:

I will be reading from book V in my GemQuest series, When Monsters Call Out The Names Of Men, on Thursday afternoon from 3:30 - 4:00 pm, November 3 in Conference V

On Friday, I am moderating a panel discussion titled Good vs. Evil: Philosophy in Fantasy at 11:00am - 12-pm in Capitol B. The panel members are Lou Anders, R. Scott Bakker, James Frenkel, and Lois Tilton.

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    Here is as much as I know about it.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~basfa/index31.html

I'm here now at World Fantasy Con in Madison. We got in late last night, so haven't had a chance to see too many folks yet, but I did hook up with Gary Wassner and Scott Baker in the bar for drinks and a chat. They both had readings yesterday, but it was before I flew into town. They're both on a panel this morning (along with Matt Stover), so I'll let you all know how they do.

I have a reading tomorrow, and we'll see if anyone other than Gary shows up!

Ok, WFC has now concluded, and I'm happy to say that Gary Wassner, Scott Bakker, Matthew Stover and I bravely upheld SFFWorld's honor. Special kudos to Gary and Scott for single-handedly ensuring that the bar in the Madison Concourse hotel will remain solvent for the balance of the year.

The "SFFWorld table" hosted a number of people throughout the event (since Gary and Scott never left it, they are actually better placed to discuss this than me), but among the people I saw stopping by were Michael Stackpole, the folks from Nightshade Books, Summer from The Dragon Page radio show, and a number of other faces that came and went in a blur of discussion.

Gary and I of course already knew each other, but this was my first opporunity to meet personally with Scott and Matthew. Fine gentlemen both, and a pleasure to spend time with (ask Matthew about his hat... )

Looking forward to seeing more of our brethren down in Austin, TX at next year's event.

Rustycon is next week in Seattle. I'll be there doing three panels on Saturday, the 14th; plus I will have stuff on display in the Art Show. My publisher, Windstorm Creative, is also launching another Anthology volume, so they'll be there as well.

Arisia is this weekend in Boston (Friday the 13th to Sunday the 15th).
    Arisia Home Page

I had planned on going, but this weekend is so hectic I may not make it, or may only pop in to check out the Dealer's Room (Dealer's Row is too odd for me and doesn't have enough books to be worth my while.)

I am off to the Stones concert tonight instead of the con, and then tomorrow the Pats are playing Denver Saturday night, so I will be glued to the TV, and then the Steeler and Colts are playing tomorrow at 1:00 pm, and by the time the game is over, the Con will be too.

Blog Entries
    Anyone thinking of going to Eastercon in Glasgow.

http://www.eastercon2006.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Holbrook
    Anyone thinking of going to Eastercon in Glasgow.

http://www.eastercon2006.org/
    Hi Holbrook. I'll be there. I'm looking forward to meeting M. John Harrison, and hooking up with Pete Crowther at PS Publishing, Chris at Pendragon, and Andew Hook at Elastic Press.

I'll be there Hol - maybe doing a few panels but haven't heard yet. Looking forward to meeting you (and any other SFFWorlders!)

NOM are you going to be there?

Seems a long way off & I've got a book to finish in the interim - or my agent & editor will use the Eastercon to lynch me!!!!

Looking forward to it tho...

Funky

Blog Entries
    Hi Funky...

Look forward to seeing you and watching you on any panels. Got my membership info yesterday and the room is booked... Just need to sell my soul for a return train ticket now. lol....

Sean; most likely see you around.

Prefers to be anomalous intensityxx's Avatar
    I'm all signed up for WorldCon in Anaheim, California in August (LACon IV). I've never been to a big con before, and I'm ready to be dazzled.