Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Art

Art! Yay!

Second Post!

Um, hello, I just posted in the introductions thread, but I saw this and decided to pop over and share what I imagined when I read the books.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/21153491/

It took about an hour to two hours... done all digital with a tablet in photoshop. I'm still terribly rusty at drawing on the computer - actual paper is my strong suit. I sort of cartooned them up a little. I'd love to draw a Pellinor comic!

very cool sam'...very raw and rough.

Forgot to mention that other work i seen from other people here look fab...althou has anyone done some work of Cadvan?

Done some sketches so far but i cant spend too much time on it (or else i'll lose my job?!?!? >.<)

Aras: that isn't any sort of paint work...its just simple paper, pencil and MORE paper!! ^_^

Art! Yay!
    Thanks Quailen!

I also forgot to mention some of the art here - which is weird since I wrote it in my original post... Anyhoo, I think I was particularly struck by your drawings - the ones on the left have so much attitude (something I'm still trying to feel out when it comes to Maerad).

Wow, thats awesome Sam! I could never be that good on what.. photoshop paint *i'm assuming*.

Alrighty, so last night in one of those moods of mine, I decided to draw the figment of my imagenation I call Rali. Go read the Cadvan's and Maerad's baby thread if you don't know what I'm talking about...

Clicky here!

please be nice, i realise she's kind'a sloppy...

That's pretty good Aras...and dont be mean to yourself...its just practice.

Get a sketch book and just draw randomly whenever ur in a mood and keep it...dont throw it away!! (thats the important part)...and if u wanna bring out the sketch book out again just look back at the drawings u've done and improve on it...I've done that for the past 4-5 years now (o_O...yuk yuk!)

Thanks... I haven't done any drawings of humans in a while so I need to work on the features alot *specially the eyes* bleh.

Jelly Fetishist
    Guys, I also have a DA account! I've got 4 piccies from Book of Pellinor up there -see what you think!
    www.thrombosis-leopard.deviantart.com

Art! Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quailen
    That's pretty good Aras...and dont be mean to yourself...its just practice.
    I agree! I must have at least 70 sketchbooks and the first one is all stick figures! And besides, this is quite good - so, no need to "be mean to yourself".

Mrs. Cadvan - Those are great pieces... all of them have such a tender quality! Very emotional.

Thanks, Sam. Thats really sweet, Quailen, too!

And Mrs. Cadvan's pictures are really beautiful -- btw, that picture you painted of Maerad was awesome!!

why cant i draw like that?

Love your art guys, better than the stuff I draw....

Not artwork per se but blending and manipulations using the map, stormy skies and the girl on the cover of Sheryl Jordan's the Raging Quiet. I wanted to focus on the idea of the darkness in Maerad and came up with this..it's not how I wanted it to turn out and was done quite quickly but there you go..needs more work...the second one was just textured and has lines from the Treesong blended into the background..the ones I thought most appropraite..anyhoo..any feedback would be appreciated

Oo, very nice, Fionnoula............ah yes, he he...........Its Marnie......he he
    I enjoyed raging quiet!

How did you come up with tha?

Thank Becks

Do you mean how did I do it? ....using a programme called Corel Photo House, I cloned the image, putting it on the map, but more transparant and blending it into the background..like I said it was a quick job so it's not great...:S
    Last edited by Fionnoula; August 13th, 2005 at 03:01 PM.

Its brilliant!!!

Its so....mysteriously cool!!!