Anybody here know anything about the Deltora Quest Books

Okay, so for a while I've been hearing about the Deltora Quest books by Emily Rodda. Now while they don't look like a epic grand fantasy masterwork by any means, they still look to be like a fun YA fantasy series. I'm thinking about reading them sometime, but I'm a bit leery because I went to the Amazon website to look at the reviews and it seemed like this author is doing what ol' Robert Stanek did, pimping her books by writing fake reviews. Any input anyone could give me about these books would be appreciated because making the right investment on the right books is very important to me, plus I don't want to waste my time on this series if it's a load of crap, when I have a cyclopean multitude of excellent books I could be reading.
    Thanx in advance!

I read the first book a few years ago but I don't remember why I didn't read the rest of the series. It's a series about a belt that has missing gemstones and each book is the quest for a stone. It was a fairly quick read for me and I personally had no desire to re-read it, although it was enjoyable while it lasted.

My advice is to borrow the first book from a library if they have it, and see if you like it. If that's not possible, you can try buying the first book if it's not too expensive and decide whether or not to read the rest from there.