Nothingman ... Nothingman pennywise86's Avatar

Knife Of Dreams - Prologue excerpt

This makes me think Jordan still might be one of my favorite authors. At least it promises something will happen in this book.

http://www.knifeofdreams.com/excerpt.php

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    I can't believe that's only an excerpt from the Prologue (which I heard is upwards of 100 pages). I find that frustrating, because almost 100 pages in I feel like I haven't made any progress in the book.. haven't even reached Chapter 1!

Quote Originally Posted by pennywise86
    This makes me think Jordan still might be one of my favorite authors. At least it promises something will happen in this book.

http://www.knifeofdreams.com/excerpt.php
    Yeah just like the prologue to Crossroads which introduced a few never before seen characters and set the reader up for some plot advancement then proceeded to, well, not proceed with anything.

Except embroidered dresses, tea served with honey and the ever-frightening weevils in the wheat.

Yeah, weevils.

Weevils.

Nothingman ... Nothingman pennywise86's Avatar
    I think Jordan will use this prologue as he uses all his others, to set up his pieces on the board. Then (although I hope i'm really wrong) he'll settle in for a long and winded description of every minute move.

Garden Gnome!!!
    At least we're getting a book. Theres something to be said for that. I am, despite my better instincts, still in love with Jordan's world and I will continue on with it untill the end.

I've heard rumors that Jordan was going to write another prequel about some other group before he finishes the series...... Does anyone know if that is true?

If this and the next are going to be the last two books in the series, I sure hope he doesn't blow off the story to write another prequel that's going to squeeze every last drop of milk out of his cash cow...

I think this excerpt is better than pretty much the entire last book. If he can just remember how to write a story, I can forgive all the past drivel..... my fingers are crossed for Knife of Dreams!

The Trickster
    Quote Originally Posted by Janos
    I've heard rumors that Jordan was going to write another prequel about some other group before he finishes the series...... Does anyone know if that is true?

If this and the next are going to be the last two books in the series, I sure hope he doesn't blow off the story to write another prequel that's going to squeeze every last drop of milk out of his cash cow...

It's not true, the two future prequels will be written after the end of the series. At least that's what Jordan claims.