What page is this siege of Capustan?

I have bought the first 3 books but is struggling to like this series. I read the review that the siege of Capustan in Memories of Ice is the greatest battle scene ever so someone please tell me what does this occur to help me understand what I am missing.

siege of capustan is slung all over Memories Of Ice; somewhere between the good begining and even better ending. But seriously though, if you don't like the books, the Siege won't make you fell any differently about them.
    Last edited by kater; January 28th, 2008 at 05:18 PM. Reason: No personal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by rushking View Post
    I have bought the first 3 books but is struggling to like this series. I read the review that the siege of Capustan in Memories of Ice is the greatest battle scene ever so someone please tell me what does this occur to help me understand what I am missing.
    There's a long preparation for the siege, then the siege, then the aftermath of the siege....

It's most of the book.

people often find the first book of eriksons the hardest to get into. i didnt but many do. MOST find the effort pays off big time in the last third of gardens. the 2nd big payoff comes in deadhouse gates, and the third and most emotional comes in memories of ice.
    there are many moments that will have you amazed, saddened etc, and the whole sige is pretty heavy. but if you're holding out for the siege to be the main show stopper dont. enjoy the ride you're on and if its not doing it for you, get off. there is so much more to MoI than the siege that its hard to convey without giving bits away. same goes for DG.
    how far into GotM are you?
    do you read much other fantasy? if so you'll find erikson quite tricky to get your head round because he drops you in the middle of everything, and knowledge comes picemeal over the whole series.

the reason that moi and the siege are so good is because the build up of the story

one single event without the other events linked too it is not enough. if you just skip straighto the battle it will not be as amazing as if you read through the entire story of the battle (before and after)