Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    yup thats right

That last review was definitely the best, although I don't think Maerad is ANYTHING like Alanna. Those books are a decent read, but all the characters, and the whole storyline is so simple. Alanna has no depth- I love how deep and complex the story of Pellinor is!
    The reader who said it was the most boring book of all time only said that because they didn't understand it, which makes it an unfair criticism, and I wouldn't put any stock in it.

well, that's my two cents!!

E.D

yup thats right

(heehee)

Just to let all you Alison fans know, she is alive and well at the moment in Los Angeles in the U.S. I spoke with her on the phone last night (I had hoped to travel down to see her this weekend, but the flight schedules are not cooperating, plus I had a conflict with a Borders reading). But we had a very nice chat anyway. She is as charming "by voice" as she is in her postings here (and in fact, to my very untrained ear, sounds more English than Australian).

She is having a nice time down in L.A., and has had a very positive response to her readings so far. With all the on-the-road traveling she's been doing this year, I think she's ready for a nice long break back in Australia...

BoA Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Radthorne
    Just to let all you Alison fans know, she is alive and well at the moment in Los Angeles in the U.S. I spoke with her on the phone last night (I had hoped to travel down to see her this weekend, but the flight schedules are not cooperating, plus I had a conflict with a Borders reading). But we had a very nice chat anyway. She is as charming "by voice" as she is in her postings here (and in fact, to my very untrained ear, sounds more English than Australian).

She is having a nice time down in L.A., and has had a very positive response to her readings so far. With all the on-the-road traveling she's been doing this year, I think she's ready for a nice long break back in Australia...
    Hey Rad haven't seen you in this neck of the woods in a while. Nice to know Alison is having fun ova in LA. Hopefully your flights wil co-operate enough to go see her.

~ Tari

Quote Originally Posted by Tari
    Hey Rad haven't seen you in this neck of the woods in a while. Nice to know Alison is having fun ova in LA. Hopefully your flights wil co-operate enough to go see her.

~ Tari
    Hiya, Tari. I have another shot at her - she's staying through the first week in December, and I might be able to swing a flight on 12/3 or so. If I do, then I can give you all a more complete report on our dear Alison - 'cause of course I'll keep buying her drinks until she starts telling me all the really good stories!

BoA Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Radthorne
    Hiya, Tari. I have another shot at her - she's staying through the first week in December, and I might be able to swing a flight on 12/3 or so. If I do, then I can give you all a more complete report on our dear Alison - 'cause of course I'll keep buying her drinks until she starts telling me all the really good stories!
    Hey Rad. Good luck with Decmeber flights then. I wanna know how much u need to get her to drink b4 those come out!!!:P Lol. Keep us posted please my friend.

~ Tari

Talking

hey Alison and everyone else!!! good to see you all again!

Alison, i was just wondering, when will you be be diong a tour and sign for Melbourneans???? coz i live in Melbourn and i would love to gwet my book sign and met you and it doesn't say on your website. it just tells me the U.K ones.
    i hope that it's soon!

luv Goddess!

alisons away for awhile goddess and this is the wrong thread to be asking questions on.

Hello guys - I'm back! - sadly didn't catch up with the Radthorne, though we got to speak on the telephone (he sounds as nice as he sounds) - next time (I'm sure there will be a next time) - unless he decides to head here, of course - in which case, Kevin, you can buy me all those drinks you threaten me with...

I'll tour Melbourne when they ask me, Goddess - Penguin has promised to pull their fingers out for The Crow, so we'll see what happens. All I know is that I get asked o/s more often than in my home town. But it was ever thus...

I'll get onto the questions waiting tomorrow, it's late now. But good to see you all here!

Yay! Good to see you're back Alison!!

Quote Originally Posted by alison
    Hello guys - I'm back! - sadly didn't catch up with the Radthorne, though we got to speak on the telephone (he sounds as nice as he sounds) - next time (I'm sure there will be a next time) - unless he decides to head here, of course - in which case, Kevin, you can buy me all those drinks you threaten me with...

I'll tour Melbourne when they ask me, Goddess - Penguin has promised to pull their fingers out for The Crow, so we'll see what happens. All I know is that I get asked o/s more often than in my home town. But it was ever thus...

I'll get onto the questions waiting tomorrow, it's late now. But good to see you all here!
    I almost got the reservations to work out to get down to L.A., but alas it was not to be. I'll just have to keep saving up the bar tab for a while longer.

Welcome back, my friend. Now, time to start catching up on what everybody's been saying about you in your absence...

why we would never say anything about you ali! welcome back! hope you had a good time. You will be happy to know that weve all been marginaly good in your absence, unlike last time.

us bad? perish the thought, were always good lol

BoA Manager
    i agree with Owleye when were we ever bad?? Lol . . . .nice to you have returned Ali. i'm taking that you enjoyed the trip . . . .

~ Tari