View Poll Results: Do you like/dislike the winterking, Arkan?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like him.

118 65.92%
  • I dislike him.

61 34.08%
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273
Results 1,081 to 1,091 of 1091
    Lettuce pie...mmmmm Eyes of Wolf's Avatar
    He's an amazingly well-done character. He's what Edward Cullen is aspiring to be like, but always fails to be. He's awesomeness in writing embodied. He's conradictions, he's complexity, he's...Arkan.

And that's why I like him, even if it is based purely on the craftsmanship Ali showed by creating him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyes of Wolf View Post
    He's what Edward Cullen is aspiring to be like, but always fails to be.
    YES. This is so true.

well i thought in the book she had explained into more detail about the elidhu.
    they are elementals so they have to male or female, they just take on the form they are comfortable in? i dont know if thats right or not but it would explain quite a lot about them.

i think he is a likable character. i think he was being the way he was to try and protect both maerad and the song. as he did say that he hated sharma?
    i would have liked for there to have been more detail into his life. actually it would be great to see some prequels to the series or a bunch of short stories explaining the loves of certain characters before the time in the Pellinor series.

I dislike him. I mean he imprisoned Maerad so he could have the song. Though I do like the fact he is against The Nameless One (Sharma).

Common sense ain't common Maiablackwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, not as if I'm arguing but rather bringing up another point, every one of the characters has their own interior hope that may diverge from the others', Maerad herself included. Imprisoning her may indeed have been going far, but who knows how the world feels to an Elidhu without their song, especially since they live forever and remember how it felt when that song was still everywhere?

Wow. That's two sentences. I have no life.

Lettuce pie...mmmmm Eyes of Wolf's Avatar
    Yeah, I agree, Maia. Who really knows what was going on in his mind? Maybe, to him, the Song was so important that everything else was nothing but a meaningless annoyance to him...and then Maerad fell in love with him, and he actually CARED. And that just screwed him up.

OK, that was all just speculation, but that's what I think, really.

Blog Entries
    I really like Arkan! My sister (echo) hates him, but it was really her hatred for him that got me going...you know, going against the flow and that sort of thing?

I think Arkan could've done a way better job wooing Maerad, but then again if he did, and Maerad fell for it, Cadvan would storm the castle and drag her away...*thinks about the idea of Cadvan storming the Ice Palace*

And it's kinda sad how hard Arkan tries to win Maerad's attention and she just pushes him away...but its destiny I suppose

Arkan rocks but sadly he's just no competition compared to dear old cadders
    p.s did anyone imagine Arkan like arthas (the lich king) from WoW XD i did hee hee

i dont need to say it is quite obvious

Why are people saying he's gay? Anyways, I liked him but if Maerad was right, he was just trying to use her. I think he was just lonely though. Being immortal would probably be tough