View Poll Results: Do you like/dislike the winterking, Arkan?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like him.

118 65.92%
  • I dislike him.

61 34.08%
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Crazy about Pellinor!!!!! bai_xu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by *~bridie~*
    ] isnt he homosexual? he is acctualy one of the most interesting characters in the book.
    I've asked`Alison the same question a long time ago, and her reply was that with Elidhus, such things doesn't matter. Because they are spirtual beings, female and male are the same to them...I think. I'll just find what the actual reply was and post it here.

Great minds think alike.........or remember alike!!!

lovely UK... sunshine capital of the world.
    that makes sense though that the sex of a person doesn't amtter as they're sipritual beings.
    Beat this... my parents call me span cause it rhymes with dan. but when others here they go "Spam???" And I go NO spaN and emphasise the N. But then they go "Oh, Spanner... why you called that." I also get called Fod of my brother...

I have longish brown hair and I was round my cousins and his weird friend was round there, they had just been watching star wars........hmm, then when I arrived there his weirdo friend started calling Chewbecca, for a reason I cant remeber............I swear I remebered a second ago..........whys my memory like a golfish's...???

Well, so ok it wasnt really a long story.................

Ooo, a whole 2 friends......

Something about the winterking is.. melancholy, and somehow I think if Maerad were to have a relationship with the winterking, she would be sad for the rest of of her life... turn into a walking corpse or something... eh!

Anyway I never liked him, seemed too cold and... personally, super-de-duper pale dudes with power-problems don't seem attractive to me... now CADVAN on the other hand!

BoA Manager
    I like Arkan. he like Ardina intrigues me and i like to be intrigued.

~ Tari

Sometimes I Wonder... arcangelle's Avatar
    i like arkan although i dont believe he has the best intentions toward maerad i do think that he cared for her in a way, might be love might not, but i like him coz hes kinda mysterious and enchanting just my two cents...

I like Arkan...he's an interesting and different character. Very refreshing in the riddle

Its not that I dislike the idea of Arkan, he's very craftfully created, and he has a strong personality. Its just that if I were a character in the book, I would dislike him -- because of his melancholy and slight-evilness, I guess. Bad karma.
    Though, I do admit the Riddle would never be the same without him, he adds to the book in a way.

lol

arakan i just dont no

Quote Originally Posted by Lapin
    He's a git but a nice git.
    i have to say thats the best summing up ive heard yet and better than anything ive come up with so far

personally i didn't feel anything toward Arkan... he's not a very accessible character. you can't form an emotional attachment to him as you can with others, like cadvan or silvia or hem, cos he's too cold and inhuman (being the winterking, of course! ). he doesn't show any real weakness, and i think that makes him harder to like. in that way he's similar to ardina, she's interesting but i don't care about her as i care about maerad etc.

I think he's very intrgiuing, enigmatic character, I wouldn't say that I like him, but there is something about him that draws me to him when I read the book.. ..I don't think with Arkan it's as black and white as liking him or disliking him...

i think that arakan doesnt show emotion and thats why u cantget attached to him