View Poll Results: Do you like/dislike the winterking, Arkan?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like him.

118 65.92%
  • I dislike him.

61 34.08%
Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Iīm from Germany, but lived in the US for the past year
    weird people are fun

oh...i just love arkan...donīt ask me why...there is this something about it that i canīt translate (my english just keeps getting worse, iīm sorry guys).

away with the eliduh cheeky monkey's Avatar
    Bit like CAdvan in a wierd way...unable to translate just WHY we like/(or in my case) love him.

I think the reason most of us like him is because you need to have different characters in a book. i mean i sort of like Sharma simply because without him there'd be no story.....

He dopes show emotion... remember the throneroom after reading the runes and tells Maerad to leave him. he wont show emotions in from of her.....

he doesnt show emotion in front of people

yes very icy when others are around except for this bit......

"Maerad looked up into his eyes and instantly forgot everything in a rush of desire. She blnked with humiliation, seeing a flash of triumphin Arkan's eyes,and tried to hide her face.
    "You are the Firelily" said the Wionterking softly. "And I am the Ice King.Does fire melt ice? Or ice put out fire? Or may they come together, fire and ice, neither meltednor quenched?"

Very emotional although as we are seeing it from Maerad's view he could well just be playing with her emotions....... V evil if he is.....

or hes in confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrišn
    yes very icy seeing a flash of triumphin Arkan's eyes,and tried to hide her face.
    why the triumph though? becuase she loves him or because now he has power over her becuase of that love?

i think its the power he has over her

that's a bit evil and sort of suggests he doesn't love her.......

but he might love her later

interesting
    Id suppose you could simplthise things could you.

the albino crow awaits us soon2b_author's Avatar
    I like him, but only because i'm a literacy freak and my veiws depend on how interesting, deep, mysterious and developed a charactar is.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrišn
    I think the reason most of us like him is because you need to have different characters in a book. i mean i sort of like Sharma simply because without him there'd be no story.....
    I did think that there was no character i actually hated until i was re-reading Norloch in the Gift. I was suddenly struck by how much i hated Enkir and i mean really HATE. I think he's a chavinist pig who deserves whatevers coming to him. (hopefully something involving him grovelling at Maerad's feet though i doubt that will happen.....)

yeah i agree, i really dislike the idea that enkir was the one that caused maerad all that pain to begin with so he does really deserve a lot back in return.
    although i'm uncertain that i like the winterking to a degree there may be a part of me that hates him because he's so devious and basically used maerad but in general i like him