Hybrid View

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Catching your eye

I figured we needed a place to just chat about future releases and games catching your eye. For me personally the game I want to get my hands on is Prey. It's unlike any fps I've ever seen, the weaponry, levels and genre innovations are unique, it all looks stunning and there's some serious enemy AI gone into the mix by all accounts. You can download a stunning minute long trailer here: http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/download...sectionid=1624

Enjoy

Personally I'm looking forward to star wars battlefront 2 but also I've found out that it's coming out on psp so i'm planning on getting a psp and battlefront 2

Currently looking forward to a lot of games:

Fahrenheit (aka Indigo Prophecy) - An adventure/thriller.. it's a kind of interactive movie thriller.. Supposed to be a whole new kind of adventure game.

Shadow of the Colossus - Also an adventure game, but completely different type..

Resident Evil IV (for ps2) - This amazing horror/adventure/action game that is already available for GC but now also coming to PS2..

Burnout Revenge - Faster, more action, better graphics, more fun!

Black - FPS from the makers of the burnout series..

Okami - Beautiful (artistic) looking japanese adventure game..

These are just a couple of the games I'm looking forward to.. Can't wait 'till end of the year when the first of the next-gen consoles arrives (xbox360)
    Last edited by Draig; August 26th, 2005 at 09:22 AM.

I'm mainly waiting on a few:

Black & White 2 - the sffworld news story here

Shadow of the Colossus - It's only through a friend of mine that I heard about this game, but from what he's told me and what I've seen it looks amazing!

Final Fantasy XII - Whenever it may come....

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 - a small sffworld news story here

Nice idea, Kater

Yeah for ps2 i'm waiting for:

Resi 4-already got it on gamecube but ps2 version has new weapons and more assingment ada!

Burnout revenge-Yay!

Pro 5-can't wait for the graphics!

Prince of persia:3-Looks so cool. but can it stand up to god of war?

Oops.. how could I forget

Pro Evo 5 (already playing winning eleven 9), but will go out and buy pro evo 5 'cause of the online-mode

FF XII

If PoP is anywhere near as good as GoW I'd be very pleased.. God of War is the best game I've played in ages!

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean
    Personally I'm looking forward to star wars battlefront 2 but also I've found out that it's coming out on psp so i'm planning on getting a psp and battlefront 2
    Absolutely at the top of my list, the trailer looks insanely good - all the new additions like being able to fly from your carrier to the enemy's, get out and just start fighting is staggering. Throw in being able to play as Jedi or Sith, more levels, the chance to kill Anakin (hopefully in Ep 1) and I can't wait.

Also waiting on Spore for PC, looks like a life-consuming game and something I will get round to writing an article on sometime in the near future.

Black and Okami are great calls, also The Warriors, SSX on Tour (although I wasn't a huge fan of 3), STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, Shadow of the Colossus and Resi 4 - it looks like being an expensive lead up to Xbox 360

I don't know if it's coming to NA on the DS, but I hope to someday download Nintendo's Jump Superstars onto Revolution. It's like Smash Bros. only with characters from a good half of the anime industry (as in various titles from Shonen Jump like Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto, Dragonball, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure etc)

Hm...well I'm waiting for Hellgate:London, FPS/RPG made by ex guys from Blizzard.I think they go by name of Flagship Studio.

New Elder Scrolls game will be great as well ,title is Elder Scrolls:Oblivion
    I think I'll need some better stuff for my comp to run that beast

Quote Originally Posted by Faust
    New Elder Scrolls game will be great as well ,title is Elder Scrolls:Oblivion
    I only mentioned the games for the ps2 console earlier, but ofcourse there are some next-gen games I'm eagerly awaiting. Games that I'm nearly certain to pick up when xbox360 launches are:

- Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
    - Kameo: Elements of Power

Last edited by shaunmike; September 21st, 2008 at 08:53 PM.

I am really really excited to finish Final Fantasy VII:Crisis Core. I am about an hour and a half into it because my boyfriends is the sole owner of the PSP and I can't play it again until he's finished. but I think it is the best FF game ever next to the original seven of course. but I also can't wait for XIII which is supposed to come out sometime at the end of this year if i'm not mistaken. A lot of great games are coming out this year. I can't wit for Okami on the Wii and also Mario Kart and GTA4. what a great year for video games

Well the last game I've really been looking forward was Mass Effect - which in the end exceeded all my expectations, and they were high matched.
    I was positive about it though - it's a Bioware game after all and the seldom let one down.

What I'm planning to give a try is Darkfall for one and Runes of Magic for another.

I'd have been curious about Gothic 4 and the Crysis expansion - but seeing that G4 isn't coming from PB anymore I don't set to high expectations.
    About Crysis, well... the original one couldn't live up to half of Far Cry - but that's not fair anyway, seeing that Far Cry was one of my favourite games that time.

Since CoD 5 isn't made by Infinity Wards I don't expect too much here either - I'm a pessimist? - So what? At least I can't get turned down, as was the case with Assassins Creed with a lot of my friends.

I'll just wait and hope for some random guys to create the perfect game - though that's not likely to happen anyway...

This month, or really the next couple of months, it going to be amazing for the gaming world Right now I'm extremely excited for:
    Little Big Planet
    Fallout 3
    Farcry 2
    Resistance 2
    Gears of War 2
    Guitar Hero: World Tour
    Fable 2

There are other ones, but in my excitement I forgot some of them.

What's gonna be new with Guitar Hero: World Tour?