Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean
    I'd love to play a proper vr game(if i'm stil alive), but also what I think would be great is a free roaming rpg set in a vast map (to the same theme but bigger than monster hunter's)With no set storyline. the idea is that you pick a theme or a sort of guideline but with no set objectives, you create your own with what you choose to do with the game e.g if you pick a theme where for example there might be one main ruler you may choose to go on an all out vendetta to overthrow him/her/it or mabye join him/her/it. I think that this would be great because there would be no end to the game. I no that it is seriously doubtful that this would ever happen but I think it may be possible to be made.
    You're making me feel guilty, Dean! I haven't played Monster Hunter in quite some time and I'm still on the level four missions. I'll get back into it soon, I hope.

Oh, and we have a place for inventing new games; it's here (be good to get that up and going again). Check it out (cool idea, kinda similar to one of the ones I put up).

Ha Ha. thanks, cool i'll definately check it out.(wow there seems to be so much to this website that I just don't know about!)

Make sure you take part in all of the discussions in the Games Room from now on; we need more people in there .

Okay I will

Games I'm currently looking forward to...

Fahrenheit - the demo was great fun, and from what I've read the full game is superb. Although whether you can describe is as a 'game' is a whole other debate. I'm immediately interested in anything that improves the writing/narrative standard of computer games, though (and, god knows, it needs improving). Only got one more week to wait, which is rather exciting!

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion - it's Elder Scrolls. It looks like Morrowind with the rubbishy bits taken out or fixed, and the amazing bits made even more incredible. Oh, and it also has Patrick Stewart's voice. Need I say more?

Half Life 2: Aftermath/episodes - Aftermath and the supposed 'every 3 months' sequel 'episodes' have the potential to be every bit as good as the main game. The concept of releasing new episodes in the story every 3 months-or-so intrigues me - the idea of much shorter gameplay, but far more focused and of higher quality and emotion, is one that I've been advocating for years now. Looks like Valve can finally start moving down the road, thanks to Steam.

X3 - X2 was a near-masterpiece, but nobbled by appalling cutscenes, a bizarre menu system and a few rough edges. Hopefully X3 will retain all the greatness while fixing everything else.
    Last edited by Tarn; September 4th, 2005 at 06:04 AM.

Half Life 2: Lost Coast
    FIFA 2007 - when EA will finally drag the graphics out of the dark ages
    The Movies
    Duke Nukem Forever - just kidding
    Shadow of the Colossus - finally a developer thinking BIG
    Football Manager 2006 - if I can find the time for the addiction
    Top Spin 2 - sequal to the best tennis game ever on PC
    Sid Meier's Pirates! 2
    Battle for Middle-earth 2
    Gears of War
    Quake IV
    Age of Empires III
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R - still waiting
    Last edited by milamber_reborn; September 3rd, 2005 at 09:02 PM.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by milamber_reborn
    Battle for Middle-earth 2

S.T.A.L.K.E.R - still waiting
    There's a sequel? and yeah me too

On the PS3 front I've got my eye on I-8, being a fan of FPS's as I am. This game seems to emphasise large groups of your chums blowing away large groups of the enemy (like 20-30 guys on each side). Looks cool, kinda WWII with aliens, which might be funky.

Alan Wake also looks like it'll be some (admittedly creepy) fun. Didn't see any gameplay footage so I don't know what it is (I'm guessing over-the-shoulder, third-person survival horror, which usually isn't my bag) but the video was gorgeous and the story sounds pretty snazy.

Condemned also looks fairly creepy, and very Doom-ish. Probably be checking that out too (what with my infatuation with FPS's and all).

More to come, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by kater
    There's a sequel? and yeah me too
    Yep - you can see some footage here

The release date is yet to be announced.

After playing Star Wars Battlefront for the first time last weekend I'm looking forward to the sequel now.

Age of Empires III is catchng my eye in the form of a demo. Got my ass handed to me on a platter on Easy but it sure looked good.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I've seen a tonne of pics recently and man it looks gorgeous. Something else that's caught my eye recently is Starship Troopers, not sure if it's entirely fps or a mix but it looks very close to the visual style of the film.

I played the Starship Troopers demo last week. The style is great, but it ran like a sloth with high quality graphics enabled on my P4 3ghz, 6800NU, 1Gb DDR system. Hope they optimise the hell out of the full game because the engine doesn't look that great with lower settings.

The Starship Troopers demo was appalling. Form previews it seemed like the game was going to be fairly uninspired and limited, but I thought the actual bugfights would be at least fun. Thanks to the dodgy engine and sluggish response, the game really has no merit whatsoever.

Instead, I rather recommend checking out Antlion Troopers Deuce for Half Life 2:

http://antlions.hl2world.com/

You need Hl2, obviously, and the voice acting is astoundingly terrible, but the gameplay is vastly better than the actual Starship Troopers game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarn
    The Starship Troopers demo was appalling. Form previews it seemed like the game was going to be fairly uninspired and limited, but I thought the actual bugfights would be at least fun. Thanks to the dodgy engine and sluggish response, the game really has no merit whatsoever.
    Damn, I was half looking forward to that too. Has anyone seen the MGS4 trailer from the Tokyo Game show yet? I keep trying to download it but the server is always too busy. Now that is a game I'm looking forward to