Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/front_index.php? the link in the article to the pictures is a bit weak because obviously game informer had an exclusive so they aren't technically supposed to be on display.

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-3.../698888p1.html

Sounds good if they have the manpower and time to make the story/characters/dialogue/missions on par with the organic world.

Blog Entries
    Sounds ambitious to say the least, it'll be interesting what ideas do fall by the wayside when PS3 and Revo come out and developers work out what is possible.

I also saw a bunch of Red Steel screenshots (gamespot Rev. forums) and it looks pretty good. A bit better then GC though not on level with xbox 360, but still impressive none the less. It will be pretty interesting to see how they work out the controller which will either make or break the game.

Couldn't get any pics but the article made things sound pretty tasty. As good as Rev will be for FPS I'm more curious about what kinds of never before seen stuff people will do with this thing. It's entirely possible that some developers are going to throw something out there that's never been done and make some huge waves. Interesting times.

Anyways, having played some DDO I can say it's the best D+D game I've ever played, possibly one of the best rpgs I've played. The real-time mixed with the full depth of D+D skill sets makes for awesome immersion, the characters are highly customizable, I expect I'll be wasting many hours on this thing, which is what I'm going to do right now. If any of you guys get this I'm on the Lhazaar server as JinKanell. My dude's an elf ranger I made look like a grizzled psycho. He's kinda like the Iggy Pop of elves lol. (always wanted to play a ranger but I was too lazy to learn all the different rules in pen and paper and none of the previous games really did the ranger justice IMO)

Rise ands Fall: Civilisations at War looks good. Due out this June.
    Aesthetically it looks a lot like Rome TW but with more RPG elements.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...reenindex.html

I played the demo of Heroes of Might and Magic V Bitterly disappointed! Apart from the improved grafics nothing is added. We don't need the same gameplay with new grafics!

So far, I'm finding myself entirely uninspired by forthcoming titles. Oblivion was the last thing I was looking forward to, and I haven't spotted anything else of interest yet.

Ghost Recon might be worth a look, though I'm a bit skeptical. But if it has a multiplayer coop then I imagine it'll be fabby.

Blog Entries
    Lost Planet looks like being very interesting but the game I'm most looking forward to is Crysis, it looks and sounds insanely good with some serious invention going on.

I saw some actual screenshots of Too Human in EGM and it looks pretty amazing. Also on my gaming radar is Huxley, Mass Effect, Resident Evil 5 (im pretty sure its announced and in developement now). The one im most looking forward too hands down has to be the Gundam game. I watched the show a couple of years ago, and the game looks pretty cool from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by kater
    Lost Planet looks like being very interesting but the game I'm most looking forward to is Crysis, it looks and sounds insanely good with some serious invention going on.
    I've been playing the Lost Planet quite a bit off live marketplace. i'm shocked by how good it is, and surprised that I didn't see it coming.

Blog Entries
    Really? I didn't know a demo version was available on there already - thanks I'll go have a look

Well any anticipation that I had for the upcoming game Red Steel is gone. EGM played it at E3 and I think it was one of the only games that they said was terrible. Supposedly the graphics were gamecube level, and sword-fighting is stupid. They also said that the game is pointless, you just walk around with no sense of direction and kill anything. EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly). The controls with the Wii-mote were also overly sensitive and not that fun to use.

Blog Entries
    Army of Two looks fantastic, check the fifth screenshot out here: http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=143759 hmmm hmmm looks set to rock hard me thinks.

Well Call of Duty 3 and Gears of War are catching my eye. They both come out next week I think. Supposedly Gears of War is going to be a pretty realistic representation of the graphic capabilities of the XBOX 360. Though the graphics will continue to progress I have seen a lot of articles stating the Gears of War will use all three cores to the max. Anyways the gameplay looks pretty cool in Gears of War, especially the gun-saw. I also like the more tactical approach by taking a lot of cover and the controls look interesting. I think Call of Duty 3's combat system will make the game even more intense then it will be. I heard the gameplay is pretty similiar but I am really excited for it (I am still debating over which game I should get).