Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    i don't exactly know what you mean, but as far as what comes with it...

There is a new drum system that has symbols as well as drum pads.
    As far as I know they are a rubber material and don't make as much noise as Rock Band.

There is a microphone very similar to RB, but the singing is slightly different in terms of how it catches your pitch.

Some modifications have been made to the guitar as well. Along with the five color coordinated buttons there is a slider pad for tapping. This will allow you to get those tricky solo patterns without strumming. It takes the place of the strummer.

As far as song choice goes, they tried to listen to the fans as to what they really wanted to see on the game.

You can get more info on the G4 podcast for X-play. They did a GH:WT special a couple days ago.

Oh nice. I think the slide bar for tapping will be a relief to a lot of hardcore players. Strumming some of those crazy solos was just ridiculous. Also the symbols are a nice addition. I never experimented with the mic myself so wouldn't be able to appreciate any tweaks they made, but hey, on the whole it sounds like they've done a good job. They seem to be getting better and better. Well done to them.

So I was reading on a forum that the GH:WT drums are a bust. Apparently you have to hit some of the symbol notes extremely hard and they still don't register, and I've heard from a number of people that after a few hours of playing the red pad just stopped working.

Looks like they have just as many kinks to work out as Rock Band had at its initial release date. Ugh.

Ugh. Gonna be some pissed buyers out there... Especially considering how expensive the kit is.

In other disappointing news, it looks like Sony and Microsoft want people to buy next gen systems.

The ps2 version of GH:WT will not have a full kit until (i forgot the date) sometime in december or something. You can buy the guitar and the game, but they pushed the release date back without saying anything.

A lot of people were ticked when they went to get their game at midnight and found out that only next gen consoles had the full package.

Moral: get out and buy a 360. haha

The bird of Hermes FremenWarrior's Avatar
    looking to buy [PROTOTYPE] the sense of power it gives you looks amazing.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Me too but I've just read a few so-so reviews that make me wonder, I'd also been looking at Red Faction: Guerilla so I may get that instead.

OK - I just saw the Avatar trailer. I cant wait till Christmas. This looks amazing! This could definitely be something special. Cameron rocks.

Ick. I do not like the show, nor the video game. I am not a fan of the director, and I think this movie will have to wait for DVD before I will pay money to see it.

First let me tell you how much I fear Zombies. I have nightmares - although it has been a while. That being said the trailers for Zombieland look pretty cool. A nice bit of humour and good ol Zombie destruction. Seems like it might be cathartic for me.

The A-Team anyone or what about Iron Man II?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Darth View Post
    The A-Team anyone or what about Iron Man II?
    The A-Team I have no interest in whatsoever. Iron Man II, I hope will be good, but the trailers have me quite fearful. It looks like it will be a mediocre cash grab, but I hope I will be wrong.

http://tinyurl.com/363ogv DurzoBlint's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am sure there will be more to add to the list but here is what I have on my list (with release dates) and have already paid for most of them:

Sniper - 6/29
    Crackdown 2 - 7/6
    Dead Rising 2 - 8/31
    Spiderman Shattered Dimensions - 9/7
    Star Wars Forced Unleashed 2 - 10/26
    Fable III - 11/1
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 11/1
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 11/9
    Arkham Asylum 2 - 1/3
    Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - 3/1
    Gears of War III - 4/5

http://tinyurl.com/363ogv DurzoBlint's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have been looking forward to DC Universe. But before that I may have to upgrade computers. Everything else is already reserved.

i am looking for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood as i have to gift it to my nephew on this Christmas
    Last edited by alex4u; December 20th, 2010 at 01:32 AM.