Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Philip K. Dick has a great little short story called "Second Variety" that you might like.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFrontier View Post
    Philip K. Dick has a great little short story called "Second Variety" that you might like.
    http://librivox.org/second-variety-by-philip-k-dick/

psik

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, Harlan Ellison

ETA: oops, this is a short story rather than a novel...it's still a gret story though
    Last edited by heretics fork; February 20th, 2012 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Reading comprehension

My book 'Becoming' sounds like what you are after.

Blurb: "Jason, an Information Technology guru, is on the brink of scientific breakthrough. Core, a self-aware artificial intelligence, is trapped in an artificial world, deprived from all senses. When Jason is offered immortality, he grabs it with both hands. Unknowingly, this opens the door to the rise of the Dark Breed. Imagine a world where every move walks a razorís edge, where you are chased by shape shifting Dark Breed while fighting to free Core from her entrapment and time travel has become your worst enemy. Together Core and Jason plunge into danger, intrigue and life altering events as their relationship deepens into more than friendship."

http://amzn.com/B007THXS24

Regards

Ronnie

Colossus

Well you may have trouble finding it as it is likely out of print, but it is worth tracking down "Colossus" by Dennis Jones from 1966. No marauding cyborgs, but a rogue mainframe computer does take over ICBM's and wreaks havoc. Shades of Skynet.

Charlie

I'll mention I'm still pleased to see my 8 1/2 year old post preserved like a fly in amber, recommending Saberhagen's Berserker books.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFrontier View Post
    Is this a good read? I'll have to add it to my list if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Well you may have trouble finding it as it is likely out of print, but it is worth tracking down "Colossus" by Dennis Jones from 1966. No marauding cyborgs, but a rogue mainframe computer does take over ICBM's and wreaks havoc. Shades of Skynet.

Charlie
    This sounds really interesting...found it on Amazon UK for (don't know how to make the pound symbol) 4.97: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colossus-Sci.../dp/0330021109 think I'll snag a copy.