Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Help! (Riddle Spoilers)

For my english homework, I have to write a confession speech. I wanted to do a Pellinor one, so I thought I would do one from Maerad's POV confessing when she killed that dude in the Riddle; but before I start writing, I want to ask if anybody has any other suggestions of what I could do, and also if you had any ideas how I could go about it.

I need a quick reply, please, as it has to be in in a few days, and I will of course post it when it is finished.

Oh, and one more thing; I'm really shy and I hate talking in front of people, and as we have to perform it to the class I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of how to be more confident. I'm a little wimp!!

Firesong
    Stare at somthing at the back of the room not people. look at your sheet if you feel your self blushing. i hate talking outloud too.

How with a date of the crime / murder. then go on to explain how she got hit and how she thought that the strike that killed was meant to stun not kill. then go on to a apology and an action of responsibility you are prepared to take on yourself and that moment and any more and you truly understand any emotion they send at you and you deserve all punishment you get. Then add how you arent properly school though and have no control and don't understand your power yet but you have learn't alot over the months. any thing else

ooh, good Firesong!! Thanks a lot *enormously enormous hug* you can have an enormous Thornton's chocolate cake, too

Coshocton, OH. If you haven't heard of it and can't pronounce it, don't worry. You're just like the rest of the world.
    Hmmm, i would just sort of write about how she couldn't control it, but still she knows she guilty, and that, to some extent, she has paid a price (nearly loosing Cadvan), but she know there is more to be paid, and she will gladly take her punishment now. Just imagine you're Maerad at Lirigon in the singing, having to say all this to the bard's family and friends.

As for talking in front of people, i dunno. I've never had trouble with it, but...Just think, 'These people don't know squat about pellinor, i know far more then they do. I've got this.' I know i'm not much help, but i think you can do it!

thanks ferlie. you can have an extra big hug and a lovely cake, too!

btw, firesong, theres a slight problem with your advice...we have to properly act it out, including eye contact and body language!!I'm going to die

Coshocton, OH. If you haven't heard of it and can't pronounce it, don't worry. You're just like the rest of the world.
    You're welcome, and your NOT going to die! You can't think like that if you want to do a good job. Positive thoughts. You're going to rock it out!

Oh man, i sound like doctor Phil.

Be sure to post it when you're done, i want to read it!

Firesong
    Then look behind the people. can you see yourself standing next to the schools of annar. imagine something sad when it is a guilty part or you can cover your face with your hands to *Cry* then recover and use lots of pleading looks. Everyone will be nervous.

lol, wicked. thanks guys xxxx (please share them!)

Okay, Ferlie, here I go...I am going to be amazing. I am not going to die. Everybody will love it. They will not shoot you. They will be amazingly impressed. They will not laugh.

I'm still going to die.

No I'm not!!!! Come on, Alice!! (lol)

Fan of too much to name
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Who-Mad-Gal View Post
    thanks ferlie. you can have an extra big hug and a lovely cake, too!

btw, firesong, theres a slight problem with your advice...we have to properly act it out, including eye contact and body language!!I'm going to die
    just do waht i did for my english presentation...pass out!!
    I still got a C overall

Blog Entries
    Hmm, that actually might work.
    Do a couple of lines, pass out and then tell them it was meant to happen.

*laughs uncontrollably* great idea!! I'm gonna do that!!

you can have an especially big hug cuz you made me laugh!! The thornton's chocolate cake is the same size, though

Blog Entries
    Me or rph?

well, i meant rph, cuz you hadnt posted yet when i did, but you can have one too.

you can't have a cake, though, cuz you didn't say anything new. just a big hug if you help me, you can have a cake *sits back and crosses fingers that her bribery will work*

Just imagine all of us cheering you on in the classroom.

Tell me the time you will be doing it and I will cheer. Probably to the surprise of others around me.