Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Pellinor Series as Video Games?

I've been thinking about the idea of the Pellinor series being released as video games for a while. I think it'd be really cool if we could play out the stories through video games. What do you think?

under the moon and stars, in my land of books
    hmmm... that is certainly interesting... but would it really work and be worth it???... I mean, who would want to play video games when they can read the book?... okay that was probably a silly question to ask, but none-the-less.

In my opinion, it is a cool and different idea.

Common sense ain't common Maiablackwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, if you could play different characters (the most main ones you ever really get all together is in The Singing) in scenes and have them team up, use their own special abilities, etc.

For example, say Maerad could subdue all the enemies within a set radius then Cadvan could blast them to bits?

Or it could go the way of other games and you could create your own character and join the journey, although I don't like that idea as much. Other option? Play each character's story through. Maerad's would be the longest of course, I think probably Hekibel's would be the shortest, but maybe Maerad's would be easiest because of all the other characters that support you and Hekibel's would be the hardest since she isn't a Bard and has no training in arms.

Or Fire Emblem style, that would be cool too. Especially if you had characters in settings where they weren't originally, for example, if you could recruit Malgorn, Sirkana, Nerili, etc and have them join your party. And
    Spoiler:
    Dernhil, Zelika, and Dharin
    might not necessarily die.

I like all the concepts though, but of course it'd have to be done juuuuuuust right.

Blog Entries
    I'd love it! It'd be cool. I don't even like video games, but I'd get this!

I agree with Bree...I made a thread like this, oh, two years ago or so, and it was closed because it's very unlikely that it would happen without the movies. But it's fun to speculate!

Although I've never read the Pellinor series, I'd like to make a broad acquisition on creating a video game from a book. A lot of the books that do create a game usually don't live up to expectation, or the game is okay, but not worth the money they want you to pay for it.

Eragon's author had games created for his book, and to my knowledge, they really weren't that great.

Blog Entries
    Have any of you played the LOTR games? It could be kind of like that, in the fact that you can choose which character to play as, and after a certain amount of time, you have to go on the other path in order to get to the end of the game. So for example, if you begin playing as Maerad, after like 3 levels, you'd have to play as Hem or Saliman. When they rejoin, you could play as any of the 5.

I think if it were laid out like LOTR was in the games, it would work.

The horse with no name. Maximus's Avatar
    Running down a dream, working on a mystery...
    Maybe after you complete the game you unlock a Free Roam which is set before the characters time or maybe at the same time and you can create your own character and go off and do quests and what not, a bit like Oblivion.

✫High Bard of the Reading ServalSpirit's Avatar
    Well, I really don't mean to offend anyone, but I wouldn't like it if the Pellinor books were made into video games. To me, the books are special because of their amazingly poetic prose, the wonderful descriptions, and the realistic characters. I wouldn't like to see an electronic Maerad running around smashing Hulls and avoiding the Winterking's minions and collecting clues to solve the riddle of the Treesong. That's just nothing like the books at all to me, and I don't think anything but the names would truly come from Pellinor, because the spirit of the series is just completely different from the spirit of a video game.

Just my opinion, though.

Blog Entries
    i think the books would make a good videogame

Blog Entries
    If EA games made the game, I think it would be good

Blog Entries
    what would the game be for though?? computer, psp, ds, wii, playstation3, xbox.....etc. if there is anytthing i'm missing..... what would it be better to play on?

Blog Entries
    I think it should be made for the most up to date playing system, which would have to be PS3 or xbox 360.

oh but i don't have an xbox or the like. i only have ps2, wii and pc. so any of those would be good for me

i think that if they created the series as video games, then there'd be a better chance of getting the characters and the story line right. video games go on for a much longer time than movies. and i think that music and cut scenes would be much better too!

Quote Originally Posted by ServalSpirit View Post
    Well, I really don't mean to offend anyone, but I wouldn't like it if the Pellinor books were made into video games. To me, the books are special because of their amazingly poetic prose, the wonderful descriptions, and the realistic characters. I wouldn't like to see an electronic Maerad running around smashing Hulls and avoiding the Winterking's minions and collecting clues to solve the riddle of the Treesong. That's just nothing like the books at all to me, and I don't think anything but the names would truly come from Pellinor, because the spirit of the series is just completely different from the spirit of a video game.

Just my opinion, though.
    Yeah, actually, on second thoughts, I agree.