Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DOWN WITH SPOILERS! - please read!

My heart was broken today :'( after so carefully avoiding Singing spoilers, rather a large one was revealed to me in the summary of a story on fanfiction. The person did write "Singing spoilers", but it's kinda hard not to read it when the spoilers are right after. I'm not naming names, and the person has now fixed it, but I'd like to remind everyone that not everybody has got The Singing yet, so please keep titles and summaries spoiler-free! Follow MM's example and just write "SINGING SPOILERS!" and nothing else
    No hard feelings, the person who it was. You didn't mean to

DOWN WITH SPOILERS!

My hole in the ground, waiting for the week to be over and Saturday to come...
    aww poor you And yeah, DOWN WITH SPOILERS (i will gladly join you in the anti-spoiler campain) i've been a good girl too, haven't taken a peak at spoilers (though i REALLY want to)

DOWN WITH SPOILERS
    aww Amaranth you must be really upset. *take a everlasting chocolate bar* i know it won't fix your broken heart but at least you'll feel nice and warm inside ( well thats what i feel when i eat chocolate)

Blog Entries
    I agree! however, if its any consultation, feel better Laramie, there were no spoilers in that summary...the spoilers themselves were in the writing, not the summary.

I will join the anti-spoiler campaign, i know the feeling of having something spoiled

achhh! i hate my self, i'm an idiot. I have no self control. I've been reading the spoiler thread since it started.

anyway, could you guys all tell me what a loser I am? it will help. (i think. lol)

Blog Entries
    WHAT?!?

BAD! THATS EVIL!!!!! HOW COULD YOU?!?

::Sends hulls after coliathe::::

i know, i know. my self control is sadly lacking.

i always read spoilers. I did it for "the sweet far thing" by libba bray and now have no motivation to read it.

Blog Entries
    You Must Read The Singing! If You Dont That Will Be Evil!! Even More Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by kiaga89 View Post
    I agree! however, if its any consultation, feel better Laramie, there were no spoilers in that summary...the spoilers themselves were in the writing, not the summary.

I will join the anti-spoiler campaign, i know the feeling of having something spoiled
    looked spoiler-y to me
    Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    DOWN WITH SPOILERS
    aww Amaranth you must be really upset. *take a everlasting chocolate bar* i know it won't fix your broken heart but at least you'll feel nice and warm inside ( well thats what i feel when i eat chocolate)
    it was me actually

you think i was planning on NOT reading the singing? what kind of insane pellinorite would i be?

Blog Entries
    I swear by the light that there were no major spoilers in that summary...just believe me-the lie in the story itself, not the summary! And im not saying what that person did was right, but honestly...there were none

well...okay.
    me feel better now

DOWN WITH SPOILERS!

Blog Entries
    good. I'm glad..theres no need to worry.."so all's well and back to our brandy eh?"-love that quote

In Norloch... Organising the 'Down with Enkir' mob.
    Wouldn't it make sense to just put the story without saying it contains spoilers, and then people can read it and not know that that is what actually happens in The Singing?

Blog Entries
    Because there are certain things that might happen and people would know then...i think the best idea is what MM did..put a ton of SINGING SPOILER warnings in the summary, and then if whoever wants to read it wants to continue reading they can; its safest that way, so that no one will have the book spoiled