Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shadow Of The Torturer Ancient One's Avatar
    I would like to live on the planet Urth,now known as Ushas in the Brajah universe by Gene Wolf.

Krynn! Kender rule!

Toril/Faerun from the Forgotten Realms.

What a rich, diverse universe.

El-Prawno
    definetly the malazan empire.... its such a massive yet sophisticated wrold...

A tie between Amber and Dragaera.

Middle Earth is really cool, never really got into the books but the map and the the people of Middle Earth are ingenious. Midkemia looks great as well. The world I probably hate the most would have to be the world that Sabriel is in but most fantasy worlds are just brilliant.

Mine is Middle earth. The formation of it was great. Idea of Tolikien was fantastic.

Up until Swords of Night and Day, I would have said the Drenai world but the idea of a map for it put me off, it didn't look like I had imagined it at all. I only like maps if they are well thought out like Middle Earth, which could be real, not ones like the Shannara maps with the elves in one part and dwarves in another, doesn't make sense to me. Thus at the moment it has to discworld I think, no maps you see.

On a slightly different note, the best use of the real world in a fantasy seeting I think would be the use of old Britain in Stephen Lawhead's Pendragon cycle, a good mix of myth and reality. and Atlantis thrown in for good measure.

Definitely the world of the Drenai. David Gemmell. Realistic, populated by realistic characters, and somehow linked to our own earth.

Would be writer? Sure. Davis Ashura's Avatar
    The Land of Thomas Covenant. It doesn't matter what Age.

Speculative Horizons Moderator JamesL's Avatar
    I love the world of Faerun from the Baldur's Gate games - Forgotten Realms and all that. The depth and imagination is simply awesome. Aside from that, I would also say the worlds from the Fighting Fantasy series - Allansia in particular. Westeros without a doubt is a huge favourite, and Midkemia and the Four Lands also have a soft spot in my heart.

valar morghulis
    Middle Earth. Tolkien created it a century ago, incredible, he couldn't have copied from anywhere else.

Westeros and the rest of Martin's world

Malazan World, surely the most complicated, and therefore the most challenging.

It never entered my mind algernoninc's Avatar
    i'm too pacifist to live in malazan, or in the kingdoms of scott bakker ... too many wars.
    my first joice would be Bingtown or the Six Duchies from Robin Hobb Assassin books : I really want my own Liveship, or at least an animal companion. Varnia from Soldier's Son books is also tempting with its giant forests. While there is violence in Robin Hobb's books, it's not the end of the world mayhem i've seen in other epics.
    other possibilities are Jaqueline Carey's Terre d'Ange or Brian Aldiss' Helliconia [but here you would need to live for thousands of years to see a complete cycle].

Westeros, the worlds of Hyperion, Middle Earth (no.1), scenarios from Heroes Of Might And Magic, I enyojed Brooks Shannara world also.

From what i've read, i must go with Middle Earth as well.