Page 3 of 419 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    My name is Ana,I live in Croatia (which is nice but boring).I like reading,especially fantasy books,but I think that's obvious,and painting.I had a few attempts of writing a novel or something like that,but it didn't go well.
    My favourite book(s) are the Mists of Avalon,but the books of Pellinor are near the top of my Top10 list.

Hi guys - I just gave myself cramp tidying up this thread - my god! Can you lot rattle on! Remember time spent deleting messages is time not spent writing the next Pellinor books... thus delaying Book 4 even further...

Anyway, I just wanted to say a proper hello to all the new members who have joined while I've been away - welcome, and it's great to see you all here.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You will see a number of posts removed here as they weren't relevant to the thread.

A Strike 1 has been issued to Becks for her outburst and her refusal to alter it. An official warning has also been issued to Jaffa.

KEEP IT RELEVANT.

This thread is to say hello to other members. All other posts are not for this thread.

Hobbit
    Mark

Thanks Hobbit - guys, I really don't want to spend my limited time here being some kind of enforcer. It's as boring for me as it's irritating for you. I'd much rather be answering your questions and mucking about myself than giving myself wrist-ache deleting posts. It's quite simple: if you just want to chat, go to the chattery thread. Otherwise stick (more or less and within reason) on topic. Just remember that personal abuse is right out, keep it more or less clean for the younger members, and be nice to each other, ok?

Hello from Willie Meikle

I'm Willie a 40+ year old Scotsman, an IT manager in Edinburgh by day and fiction writer by night.

I've had over 130 stories published in the semi-pro genre press, both in paper and on-line magazines and my work has appeared in the UK, Ireland, the USA, India, Greece and Canada. My Scottish short stories are collected in The Johnson Amulet and Other Scottish Terrors (Indypublish 2001).

I've had 5 novels published, Island Life (Barclay Books 2001), the Watchers trilogy (Black Death Books 2003/2004), and The Midnight Eye Files: The Amulet (Out this week from Black Death Books). There are 3 more novels coming over the next three years, and 2 short films coming in 2006 based on scripts I've written from short stories of mine.

I'm also a fanboy. Favourite writers include George R R Martin, Tolkien, H P Lovecraft, Brian Lumley, Michael Moorcock, Peter Straub and Stephen King. I'm also a sucker for 50s monster movies, Hammer horror movies, Tim Burton, and the Jackson LOTR trilogy.

Willie
    http://www.willie.meikle.btinternet.co.uk

Blog Entries
    That's more like it!

Nice to see you around, Willie.

Hobbit
    Mark

Hobbit! 1 question, as this is the intro thread shouldnt any message that mentions something bout yourself be allowed to stay as they are, technically, revelent to this thread,The Intro' thread.

and is this message sounds rude then I apologise, it isn't meant to.

Blog Entries
    Good question Lapin. (And no - it didn't sound rude - if you're confused, you can bet others are too! )

The idea of this thread (as far as I understand it) is that you can say 'Hello' here, and tell people about yourself, but then go off to the chattery to carry on in more detail.

It is a pretty broad brush, though. What we are trying here is to keep this one neat and tidy, so that those who are just looking for information about the contributors to this part of the Forum get that, and that only.

Does that Help?

Hobbit
    Mark

Hobbit: So basically the only thread we can talk about general stuff on is the chattery thread?

'ello willie!

Blog Entries
    So basically the only thread we can talk about general stuff on is the chattery thread?
    Yes, that's right, unless Alison chooses differently!

Hobbit
    Mark

Yep, that's basically it; I depend on your good sense to know when you're being completely irrelevant to a topic. But that doesn't mean that we all have to be po-faced and sober all the time. Heaven forbid!

Welcome Willie; I see we have quite a few interests in common. Just starting on Martin, and enjoying his Shakespearean savagery and intrigue. And I LOVE Tim Burton.

Btw, whitesilkbreeze, you can call me Alison. Ms Croggon makes me feel like I'm in the unemplyment office. On the other hand, O Great One isn't bad...

Talking Me too!

Hiya im new here (obviously) My name is Marie but my username is mazzer because.. well becuase i say so ^^.
    Im 14 and I live in england and i loved the gift and the riddle! Cant wait til the next one comes out!

hi everyone!!

i'm new to the forum...though i should soOo have checked Alison's website bfore - don't know why i didn't ... *what the*
    okay, lowdown...:
    Name: Ashalind
    Favourite booK: The Gift/The Naming
    what i want to happen:
    Cadvan and Maerad to get together!!!!! =P
    ...their friendship kind of reminds me of my own with someone i know... -_-;

Welcome new members - lovely to see you here! Just a quick note - take care to read the forum guidelines (link at the top of the forum page) - and have fun!

lovely UK... sunshine capital of the world.
    Cassandra, I knicked you layout, sorry...

Name: Daniel
    Hair: Blonde
    Eyes: Blue
    Stuff::books, drawing, music (nightwish,rammstein)......me!!!!!!!!!

Stuff To Do With Pellinor: Everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Favourite Character: Ardina
    Least Favourite Character: Helga
    School Of Choice:Thorold
    Should The Books Be Made Into Movies? nope...
    Last edited by Ellaktum; August 11th, 2005 at 09:16 AM.