Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The my "Dust of Dreams" has shipped thread [Spoilers]

Anyone else expecting this penultimate Malazan Book of the Fallen?

Mine shipped today, so I'll have it in a week or two, I guess.

Really looking forward to see how this pans out and of course how it will build up before the conclusion of this truly epic series.
    Hopefully it will show some of the characters that didn't get a lot of screentime in Toll the Hounds.
    Last edited by Ashenburger; August 17th, 2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: edited title

I want to order it from the UK, but all of a sudden a bunch of books I have never heard of before but am very interested in have popped up. A lack of extensive funds leads me to believe it will be a couple months before I see anything on the Erikson front.

My copy should arrive at the house today, of course I'm out of town until Wednesday, which is frustrating. Word on the street is that some bookstores in the UK have copies now and a few have started shelving them (but many are holding out until tomorrow).

Monday, I think. Can't wait

Got it, two-thirds of the way through it, pretty much Erikson as usual. Tons of characters you don't give a toss about, illogical and badly-explained plot turns, total absence of logical character motivations for events in this book, but you do get explanations for character motivations from four books ago.

All of that said, a few long-standing mysteries seem to be addressed, several plotlines that started as long ago as DHG seem to be coming to a head and there is more of a sense of omnious finality about things, although that might just be because I know it's the penultimate book in the saga.

So far, better than Toll the Hounds and The Bonehunters. Probably running about the same, quality-wise, as Reaper's Gale. Not as good as DHG/MoI/MT.

I preorder from book depository. Unfortunately, it did not ship. The order says its processing, and the book is listed as out of stock on the website now. I do not see anyway to cancel my order to purchase the book elsewhere, guess I am just going to have to wait.

Any one else having this issue?

I will probably get my copy sometime next week

Currently reading Toll the Hounds and i'm wondering what exactly is he going to wrap up with two books left. I love the books but there is so much going on I don't really see what it is leading to. Big showdown with the crippled god I guess but with so much going on the crippled god hardly seems that important.

With so many subplots going on it is impossible to wrap up everything. I'm confident that Erikson will tie up the general elements of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJC View Post
    I preorder from book depository. Unfortunately, it did not ship. The order says its processing, and the book is listed as out of stock on the website now. I do not see anyway to cancel my order to purchase the book elsewhere, guess I am just going to have to wait.

Any one else having this issue?
    You can cancel your preorder and get your money back if you contact them using this:
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/contactus

I wrote them using this form to cancel a preorder (of another book, not Dust of dreams) some days ago and they immediately agreed and I got a refund.
    Last edited by Zeratul; August 19th, 2009 at 11:39 AM.

Inter spem metumque iacto Julian's Avatar
    Mine was shipped yesterday, I believe. Don't know what else to say...

When does this get released in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Althax View Post
    When does this get released in the US?
    January 2010

Thank you, I was having trouble finding that.

My order was processed. YES!!
    Last edited by TheJC; August 23rd, 2009 at 04:02 PM.