P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    '
    S

Some good points made there Cat Snow. I think we can safely presume that neither of the Clegane brothers are still dead, if only in that we didn't witness the event. And the grave digger/frankenmountain are indeed the brothers.

Davos could be dead, GRRM could be giving us a false sense of security by making us believe he wouldn't spoil the story of the other book, so when it does happen we are even more shocked.

Don't know about Gilly and Sam. It could be that GRRM is letting Sam grow some balls. The sphinx is a strange character... there certainly IS a riddle there. And Pate is a riddle too, if it is indeed Jaqen H'gar then we have to ask what is he doing there? And is he Syrio? And is Syrio still alive?

The word that Brienne does yell WILL save her. Otherwise her whole quest doesn't make sense, and GRRM is NOT for making nonsensical subplots.

Maegi's prophecy is undoubtly about Dany. That is the most obvious point.

Arya's blindness is temporary (I hope), the point about the acolytes being blind is good observation.

Blackfish will probably join Beric Dondarrion's band of outlaws. If only to join up with Catelyn.

Margaery is still a maid, the Blue Bard only tells Cersei what she wants to hear. And the same with Osfrey.

What will happen with Loras and Margaery? If both die then the Tyrell's could quite easily part from the lannisters. What is clear is that Cersei has mucked up virtually everything. She is pushing all her allies away, and has done stupid things by not thinking of the consequences of her actions.

With the Dornish, Tyrell's, Beric Dondarrion's outlaws, Stannis, Greyjoy's and the Vale (after Sansa wins them over), then there would be more than enough there to go against the Lannisters/Baratheons.

Will Sansa get the North as her Bannermen, and have them as Robb did? There are so many ways that this story can play out. The war is far from over.

If Margaery is still a virgin why was Grand Maester Pycelle providing her with moon potion?

Can Taena Merryweather be a Sand Snake if she's Myrish not Dornish?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_B
    If Margaery is still a virgin why was Grand Maester Pycelle providing her with moon potion?

Can Taena Merryweather be a Sand Snake if she's Myrish not Dornish?
    1- I believe she was getting it for one of her cousins/bedmates. I'm sure Pycelle would not have questioned her about why she wanted it... It'd be like me back in highschool buying condoms for a shy/embarrased friend. I'd had no problem doing it because it was for somebody else! (sometimes helping a friend induces levels of bravery)

2. As for Taena- she could be a Sandsnake. Sure, her father is Dornish, but her mother was a trader... a captain of some boat called "the Feathered Kiss". Could her mother not have been Myrish?? And she obviously has many secrets that she has yet disclosed... Meanwhile, we know that Sarella is off away from Dorne playing some sort of "game". I believe her game is to pose as Taena and screw with the Ursurpers- Lannister and Baratheon, both.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Snow
    Meanwhile, we know that Sarella is off away from Dorne playing some sort of "game".
    Well, shes playing her game in Oldtown. And when you spell her name backwards you have "Alleras". So its quite obvious that Sarella is actually the sphinx. Truth be told, while reading I missed that too.

so does that make her a faceless woman?
    dang that GRRM and his reverse spellings! I've missed every one of them so far until pointed out!

Interesting...

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Ah! I just read through this whole thread, and the entire book has been spoiler for me...!

Just kidding... sorry, I'm just so jealous about not having the book yet that I wanted to pop my head in.

Having finished it a few days ago and letting it sink in a bit... I would judge AFFC as the weakest of the books thus far. Not because of a slip in quality... in fact, I think GRRM's writing has never been better. I think this book really suffers from the missing POV's... the stuff in AFFC is GREAT - but it's just not enough.

After the HUMONGOUS A Storm of Swords, the merely LARGE A Feast for Crows is a bit of a letdown.

AFFC is what it is... half a book with half the characters. The fact that it is still bloody entertaining is a testament to GRRM's skill as a writing of epic fantasy.

I have to agree with you entirely, Rhaegar. The writing was fantastic. It felt, however, like we were missing a few of the main courses- including dessert!

I will be saying some silent prayers in the Godswood that Martin finishes Dance earlier than even he could hope.

13. As for Margaery's maidenhead, I'm betting she lost it riding horses, which she so loves to do daily... it was discussed that it happened that way more oft than not in earlier chapters. Besides, Renly was gay as sunshine, Joff bit it before he could do the deed, and Tommen is just too darn young for such things. I really do think she's a maid still. She's too smart to do any of the things the Queen suggested.
    I agree. In fact, I would not be surprised to find that Margaery prefers girls. There's no hint that she's had any sexual feelings towards men at all, even Renly. The man she seems to have most affection for is Loras, and I doubt that we're going to have a repeat of the Jaime/Cersei arrangement.

AFFC as the weakest of the books thus far. Not because of a slip in quality... in fact, I think GRRM's writing has never been better. I think this book really suffers from the missing POV's... the stuff in AFFC is GREAT - but it's just not enough
    YES, that's it exactly! I was trying to figure this out myself, why I thought the writing was so good, and yet I felt "disappointed". It's the missing POVs. I still enjoyed it, but I really did miss Jon, Bran and the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar
    Having finished it a few days ago and letting it sink in a bit... I would judge AFFC as the weakest of the books thus far. Not because of a slip in quality... in fact, I think GRRM's writing has never been better. I think this book really suffers from the missing POV's... the stuff in AFFC is GREAT - but it's just not enough.

After the HUMONGOUS A Storm of Swords, the merely LARGE A Feast for Crows is a bit of a letdown.

AFFC is what it is... half a book with half the characters. The fact that it is still bloody entertaining is a testament to GRRM's skill as a writing of epic fantasy.
    I totally agree. While I'm happy to have what we got I wish it was more, it feels to incomplete.

Ah! I just read through this whole thread, and the entire book has been spoiler for me...!Just kidding... sorry, I'm just so jealous about not having the book yet that I wanted to pop my head in.

What are you doing here you wicked boy!! Be gone and attend to your PM!

Affc

Hi All

Newbie to site but wanted to say love the comments, surprised how much I had missed in AFFC so must re-read.

Main thoughts on AFFC was that it left more questions in the series rather then answering those left from ASOS, but with the decision to chop the book are we all convinced the next chapter will not be so long in the waiting?

Back to reading for moi. Bye

Quote Originally Posted by lady_rose
    I agree. In fact, I would not be surprised to find that Margaery prefers girls. There's no hint that she's had any sexual feelings towards men at all, even Renly. The man she seems to have most affection for is Loras, and I doubt that we're going to have a repeat of the Jaime/Cersei arrangement.
    And will Loras dies, hmmmmmmm! Probabaly not i think, but you never know! Margery prefering girls

It would make sense with all those handmaids!

We may be lookin at next summer for Dragons, well i do bloomin hope so!

I also reckon there will be a good concentration of Greyjoys over the sea, Asha ( depends on what she did after the Kingsmoot ) or Victarion. Well it certainly has set things up for next time. Though i agree with Rhaeger that it does feel like half a book, though half a Martin book, is better than nought!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gildor
    ....Margery prefering girls....

....half a Martin book, is better than nought!!
    I don't think Margaery is gay- Nor do I suspect she will ever leave the cell she's in without experiencing quite a bit of life-altering events. Tommen is destined to die, so Margaery's claim to the throne is not likely to hold. (She cannot consummate the marriage for years, yet, as he's too young) I bet she'll take whatever is left of herself after the floggings and high-tail it back to her homeland. At least, that is what I think she should do!

Regarding the "1/2 a martin book..."- I have to agree. I'd take the friggin' thing one page a week if I had to. (tho I'd complain daily ) I so love this series!