Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    As for Loras... it'd be interesting to see how much he changes if he actually survives (who'm I kidding - I just want to see how badly disfigured the pretty-boy is).

***SPOILER***
    (do we still need to bother saying that, I wonder?)

anyway,
    Speaking of disfigured... I bet sweet little Myrcella doesn't look quite as lovely after the hack-attack. Poor thing- When she and Tommen die, it will be a sad chapter, for sure.

But I wouldn't mind a nice detailed description of Cersei after the "holy" men are through with her Maybe they can get her a "whipping queen" to take the lashes, like she has for Tommen?!

Whats clear is we are seeing the start of the end for Cersei, her allies are dwindling ( both among family and those present at Kings Landing ) How long has she got to last.

Certainly Kevin will want to consolidate the Lannister hold on the throne, as the Barathon part is being Phased out, the Tyrells, could they play a more dominant part in the ruling of the Country, oooooooooooohhhh, its all just a bit uncertain in that area.

Cersei - Will obviuosly be removed, killed off, maybe??

Who comes after:

Margery + Tommen?
    Tommen dies Tyrells claim throne? ( though this wouldn't be pratical without blood being shed, would it? )
    Kevin returning to asert Myrcella?
    Mycella with Dornish support?
    Stannis?

Hmmmmmmmmm, surely Cersei can't reclaim power now?

anybody take note of the description of Taena Merryweather's secret lover? I'm thinking that her mystery man might just be a face we know of

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Snow
    anybody take note of the description of Taena Merryweather's secret lover? I'm thinking that her mystery man might just be a face we know of
    *thumbs madly through book* Who do you think it is?

And colour me stupid, but what is Theon's story?

Quote Originally Posted by Gildor
    Hmmmmmmmmm, surely Cersei can't reclaim power now?
    I reckon she might. I can't help but think that Qyburn is still around for a purpose. Cersei is the only character unpleasant enough to allow him to carry out his "work", who is likely to hold the Iron Throne, so it's very possible that Cersei could regain her lost power, with Qyburn's help.

Unless Qyburn helps her escape and then uses her in one of his experiments, now that would be sweet.

On a different note, I'm really interested to see what part Bronn will play in the future, if any. Which faction will he join? Or will he start his own?

Did anyone notice the constant talk about Cersie's belly and how it expanded?
    Isn't that a very obvious clue that she's pregnant or just the result of too much drinking?

What is the story with Darkstar? Is he Littlefingers' man? Something was mentioned by him regarding event in the south and it made me think of the attack on Myrcella.

Gods above, so much to think about!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirdan
    Did anyone notice the constant talk about Cersie's belly and how it expanded?
    Isn't that a very obvious clue that she's pregnant or just the result of too much drinking?
    I don't remember reading that. Maybe I'll catch it on the re-read.

Just read AFFC ansd I have a million questions
    Where are Asha and Aerion? Why did The Reader bend his knee to Euron? Why he isn't with Asha? Where is Euron's army and how large is it? Is it at Arbor, Highgarden or somewhere else? Has Nymeria any puppies?Where is Waters? Where is Blackfish?
    Did anyone noticed names of characters with weird-named POVs?
    Areo Arys Asha Aeron Arianne Arya Alayne Victarion
    All but Victarion sound similar.Does it mean Victarion is somehow special?

When will we be allowed to post spoilers on other threads?

I did notice that comment- how uncomfortably tight her dress had gotten... I just took it as another parallel btwn her and her late husband, Robert... with the way she has been embibing.. the way she roughly "pleasured" Taena, and the sleeping around thing. But I like the thought of her knocked up...
    it makes me giggle in such a wicked way!

But I doubt it, because she's the big Moon Tea oficianado, IMO. Hell, maybe the moon tea Pycelle was getting for "margaery" was actually for cersei? and he was just clever enough (barely) to jump on the "margaery's a whore" bandwagon to try and get back into Cersei's good graces?

Good God, how long will we have to truly wait for Dance?!

Quote Originally Posted by someone

When will we be allowed to post spoilers on other threads?
    Yeah, I agree- it's getting kinda all jumbled around in here. But we will probably have to wait until mid or late November- as the book isn't slated to be avail. to the U.S. bookstores until Nov. 8th or so. We probably have to wait for the others to catch up some!

Finished Feast earlier this evening and firstly I'd like to thank you all for a lovely topic filled with interesting points about the book.
    Overall I thought this was another great book. Martin has an excellent style, brimming with irony and unusual but effective techniques. And, in terms of creating a chaotic story of total domination, Martin is unequalled. A Song of Ice and Fire feels like a piece of Hisorical Fiction more than fantasy, one of the reason it's so great.
    However, I did have a couple of little complaints about the book. Firstly, though it isn't a major issue, the book was a little too doom and gloomy for my tastes. Barely a chapter went by without blood, rape, hangings and other sordid glory details. Some bits in particular just seemed over the top. It's not that I object to the gore as such - I would have jumped off the aSoIaF wagon long ago if that was the case - it just loses some effect in such a continuous stream. Other books in the series had much more humour and some lighter scenes.
    Similarly, Cersei's constant depravity and paranoia got somewhat repeditive and wearying. I understand that Martin isn't really looking for sympathy in her character, but she was just far too single-minded and one dimentional this time around. I used to find her quite an interesting character, in Feast she is just neurotic.
    Like many here, I also felt Brienne wasted a bit too much time strolling about the place, but I can live with it. Unlike other people, however, I didn't really miss many characters. I would have liked to see Tyrion and Daenerys, but I didn't feel the book suffered for their (or anyone else's) lack of inclusion. Sansa and Arya are still my favourite characters, I think I'll miss them in Dance.

Later in the series I'd definitely like to see a Margery PoV - I would love to find out what she's really thinking, how much she's aware of, etc.

I remember laughing at one point when Cersei mentioned some of her skirts had shrunk in the wash and thinking that she was just getting fatter. I didn't notice any other references to her expanding belly though.

Lastly, does anyone see Sansa becoming an extremely powerful figure? She's not far away from possessing the North as well as the Vale. With a couple more deaths she could make a valid claim on Riverrun. And dare I say that Casterly Rock isn't beyond her grasp...

And so we are left with yet another queen, younger and more beautiful...
    Cast your votes: Margaery, Myrcella, Sansa, or Daenerys: Who will displace the Mad Queen?

Quote Originally Posted by Murrin
    And so we are left with yet another queen, younger and more beautiful...
    Cast your votes: Margaery, Myrcella, Sansa, or Daenerys: Who will displace the Mad Queen?
    I vote for Dany- she's the only one described to have almost unbelievable beauty. The others are beautiful- but not breathtaking. (As for Myrcella, she's missing an ear and has a wicked scar now, I believe.)