Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have learned that there is not normally a slip up in GRRM's stuff.

Though it may just be a difference between male/female PoV's, you might be onto something here.......

Hobbit
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by thehound
    I noticed in Jaime's chapter, his description of jenye westerling(sp?) is very different from catelyn,s in a storm of swords. She is described as having wide hips by catelyn and narrow hips by Jaime. Was there perhaps a switch and the real jenye in hidden, pregnant with rob's child?
    I love it! I completely missed it, too. Guess it's time for a re-read!

Thnx

Quote Originally Posted by thehound
    I noticed in Jaime's chapter, his description of jenye westerling(sp?) is very different from catelyn,s in a storm of swords. She is described as having wide hips by catelyn and narrow hips by Jaime. Was there perhaps a switch and the real jenye in hidden, pregnant with rob's child?
    Rather hard to pull off, with all the people who knew her, unless she was hidden by Robb straight after their wedding (why would he do that?) and her stand-in was introduced instead.

Brienne's shield is Ser Duncan's own, Ser Arlan had as device a winged (silver?) chalice on a brown field.

Quote Originally Posted by Koson
    Rather hard to pull off, with all the people who knew her, unless she was hidden by Robb straight after their wedding (why would he do that?) and her stand-in was introduced instead.

Brienne's shield is Ser Duncan's own, Ser Arlan had as device a winged (silver?) chalice on a brown field.
    I knew it sounded familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirdan
    Did anyone notice the constant talk about Cersie's belly and how it expanded?
    Isn't that a very obvious clue that she's pregnant or just the result of too much drinking?
    While Cersi was definately worrying about her belly and getting her corset cinched tighter, I'd be disappointed if she turns out pregnant.

Too much time has passed for her to be unaware of it, in that she would have missed her "moon blood" by the time she needed excessive tightening. Also, she notes her own sagging anatomy in comparison to her bed mate's without note to any increases.

Again, not out of the question, but if so I'd say Martin dropped the ball. Then again, why is it mentioned like 3+ times? Just to highlight her dissolution in drink and food?

There's also her profecy which states 3 children - although having a fourth one would be a sure way to break it, don't you agree?
    Still, I doubt she'd risk it, the scandal caused could very well topple her and Tommen.

The prophecy won't be broken if she dies before giving birth.

As I re-read the series (which I should have done before reading Feast for Crows), I noticed that Marwyn (spelling?), the Maester warlock, actually is referenced in Game of Thrones. Mirri Maz Duur is reciting her "credentials" to Daenerys before helping Khal Drogo, and she says that she learned some of her healing skills from a visiting Maester.

Interesting....and amazing that Martin foreshadowed his appearance 2000-3000 pages in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by newleaf
    The prophecy won't be broken if she dies before giving birth.
    good point... or if she dies trying to abort, I suppose.

too whoever posted about the change in Jeyene westerling kudos to you. I noticed this too as Jaime Describes her a being very plain and somewhat waifish while in ASOS she is described as a being very pretty. I believe that she is pregnant and that Blackfish ran off with her in order to protect the Stark line. Their are only a few places where he could safely hide the child.
    1.) The wall
    -Jon despite his vows would protect his neice/nephew from the Lannisters as he believes he has no living siblings
    2.) The vale
    -he is well known and respected there and could you imagine what a tool for little finger the child would be.
    3.) Moat Callin.
    -I doubt he would think of this but the crannogmen are loyal stark Bannermen.

Brienne is not dead... whatever word she calls out saves her and hopefully her squire and allows her to continue her quest.
    (I think most likley Aarya is the word she calls out and UNCAT wants to hear the rest)

It was good to see Gendry doing something noble protecting the children and all.

Dany will not cross until she has a Maester and Allies in the seven kingdoms

Stannis will bend knee to Dany

Quote Originally Posted by Cymric
    I believe that she is pregnant and that Blackfish ran off with her in order to protect the Stark line.
    Not so sure about this. The Blackfish escaped alone from what I recall, and Jamie's observation of her appearance and hips occured after BF slipped the hook and made off down the river.

Also, Jeyne's (sp?) mother was slipping her a anti-preg mickey, so not likely the girl is with child unless it's not Robb's.

In ASoS Jeyne is described as having strong hips, in AFoC Jaime sees her with narrow hips and willowy. It might be that they switched her, but this would involve quite a large conspiracy (thus a security problem), not to mention lots of guts for her double-crossing mother to betray the Lannisters just to have a Stark grandson.
    It is possible, but IMO highly unlikely.

Oh I think it is possible. How many people do you think really paid attention to the details of Robb's wife when he brought her home? I think they were pretty distracted by the result of what he did. Catlyn had her obvious mother-in-law reasons, but I wonder...?

It is not likely that Martin messed up on such a thing- he pays so much attention to detail, and thus far, has not mentioned something unusual about somebody's appearance without it playing a part in the storyline.

Remember the Arya impersonator? Might be something similar here?

Something is up, but I just don't know exactly what yet!

You're assuming it's a slip-up if there is no switch.
    It could just be the most likely scenario... a difference in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Snow
    Oh I think it is possible.
    I said it's possible but unlikely, not that's impossible.

How many people do you think really paid attention to the details of Robb's wife when he brought her home? I think they were pretty distracted by the result of what he did. Catlyn had her obvious mother-in-law reasons, but I wonder...?
    Lots of people. Taking into account its consequences, who wouldn't want to get a good look at the lady who cost Robb the Frey allegiance? Besides her family (including her traitorous mother and Spicer uncle) and the river lords who saw her at Riverrun, there's also the Freys who were at the Crag when Robb took it to take into account. And the Westerlings were Lannister bannermen so she might be known in Lannisport / Casterly Rock too. I reacall Lord Tywin says somewhere that Lord Gawen approaced him for a marriage but he'd refused not because of the girl but because of her mother's family. So to pull it off at least two things would be necessary: 1) a decent impersonator; 2) her family's cooperation (kind of unlikely 'cause of Jeyne's mother / uncle).

Remember the Arya impersonator? Might be something similar here?
    Yes, but in this case everybody directly involved knows it's a fraud. Plus:
    - Arya's a kid so physical differences could be justified by her growing up;
    - lots of the northern lords who knew her are dead / missing, and those who remain have no reason to doubt it's actually her;
    - Beth Cassel, Old Nan and a couple other Winterfell household members are at Dreadfort and would certify it's her;
    - in AFfC it says the double is a steward's daughter "recuperated" from the brothel Littlefinger put her in - most likely she is Jeyne Poole, Sansa's friend, so she already has knowledge of the Starks and could play Arya's role pretty well for outsiders. However, in AGoT Jeyne is "a pretty, dark-haired girl of Sansa’s own age", while Arya is brown-haired and two years younger than her sister, so it might be someone else after all.