Recommendations if I enjoyed Stephenie Meyer?

Just finished reading the three books of the Twilight series that are out so far, and am hoping for some recommendations, as I quite enjoyed them.

Let me clarify a bit more: a romance story that is pulled off stylishly, like the one in the books. Fantasy elements of some sort would be nice.... although not strictly necessary. Vampires are also optional, but if you have a good recommendation with 'em, go ahead.

And yes, I'm planning on checking out The Host next.

For similar YA reads:

You might try L.J. Smith's Night World books if you can find them, though they're being re-released in omnibus editions (there are nine books so far, and each omnibus contains three books). The series deals with the secret "night world" of vampires, witches, and shape-shifters and what happens when a human falls in love with one of them. Different characters star in each book and stories are mostly self-contained, but there's also a bigger plotline that starts to develop midway into the series, and characters return.

If you can't get your hands on the Nightworld books until the first omnibus is released in June, you might also try:

Blood and Chocolate (nothing like the awful movie that came out, retaining the title and not much else) or The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause. The former is about werewolves and humans while the latter is about vampires and humans.

Companions of the Night by Vivian Van Velde, also about a vampire and a human girl; not quite as happy as Twilight though.

Hope that helps!

Cool, thanks. I checked out Night World, and it's pretty good, although is's pulled off much more amatuerly overall then Twlight, but still semi-entertaining.

Any more recs? Vampires not necessary.

I want to be a princess sic's mom's Avatar
    Well, my 16 year old daughter and I read a lot of the same things. We both enjoyed both of Meg Cabots series' The Mediator series about ghosts and the 1-800-Where R U? series about a girl that gets hit by lightning and then is able to find lost kids. She read a series that she really liked by Ellen Scheiber called Vampire Kisses, aimed more at the YA crowd. But if you are looking for more adult series there are a couple I would recommend like JR Wards Black Dagger Brotherhood and Sherrily Kenyons Dark Hunter series. But if you haven't read the others I would try those first. We both have read the Twilight series, and I am reading the Host right now so that is something we both have enjoyed.

How about The Host by Stephenie Meyer

It never entered my mind algernoninc's Avatar
    How about Winter Rose by Patricia McKillip? Or Ysabel by Guy Gavriel Kay?
    Both feature young protagonists [girl in Winter Rose and boy in Ysabel] thrown into supernatural environments. There are no vampires, but some cool ghosts / immortals...

I want to be a princess sic's mom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anunn View Post
    How about The Host by Stephenie Meyer
    I just started "The Host" last night and can tell I am going to get sucked in after about 100 pages. This is more of an adult novel, and a little bit more on the sci-fi side. I don't read any sci-fi but this book seems to be pretty good so far.

You might like Donna Boyd's novels about a woman who falls in love with a werewolf -- The Passion and The Promise. The novels read like historical romances with not too much of either -- a nice mix.

I tried Twilight and didn't like it, but I think I'm just too old to appreciate (or remember) teenage angst.

If you like a bit more eroticism, try Anne Bishop's Black Jewels Trilogy. My only complaint (minor) about those books was that I never got a sense of time or place -- but all the emotional stuff was really well done.

I actually read The Black Jewels Trilogy riight before Twilight, and greatly enjoyed that too.

I just remembered another werewolf series that I thought was pretty decent -- http://www.amazon.com/Werewolfs-Kiss.../dp/0743474554

The books are kinda pricey for paperbacks. The upside is that you can resell them when you're done and get all your money back.

Books

As mentioned Meg Cabot books are really good. Here are some more: Cassandra Clare, Karen Chance and Laura Whitcomb.

Maine Pro Disc Golf
    Ummmmm if you liked those books you may want to look into, Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Berenstain Bears. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bren18 View Post
    Ummmmm if you liked those books you may want to look into, Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Berenstain Bears. . . .
    I enjoyed all 3 of those works.

Patricia Briggs, especially her Mercy Thompson books. I read them right after reading Twilight. Very nicely written books. Features werewolves and vampires and other fantastic beings. Not quite YA, though. At least, I don't think so.

Depending on how old the poster is they may enjoy Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series and although I haven't personally read them Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampires series may fit the bill. Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse books are more of an older Twilight and of course there's Anne Rice. In the YA stream a lot of Stephenie Meyer's fans seem to be gravitating towards Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series.