Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just read Blood Crazy, by Simon Clark, this weekend. Not really a zombie book per se, but alot of the important elements are there. Actually, I think Stephen King ripped off this book when writing the Cell. This is MUCH better than the Cell, though!

Not sure I agree with the underlying cause of the problem, but it was easy to skirt past that and enjoy the rest of the book.

Enjoy!

Hmmmmm...
    I had a different opinion of Blood Crazy.
    To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by ricoboc View Post
    Hmmmmm...
    I had a different opinion of Blood Crazy.
    To each his own.

I would love to hear it. Come on, share!

Brian Keene's latest Leisure paperback is a wicked zombie tale called Dead Sea. The zombies are the traditional Romero-esque shambling zombies, not the type found in The Rising and City of the Dead.

Post The Breathing Dead By A M Esmonde

I read a great book it's better than Monster Island, It dedicated to George Romero. It's diffcult to get but with a bit of searching on google I found it... It fricking brill

Quote Originally Posted by Stingslider View Post
    I enjoyed watching zombie movies.
    So I was wondering if there any good zombie books.
    I read some of the Resident Evil adaptation and they were ok, just not great.
    I only heard of a few like city of the dead or that survivers guide?
    Any recommendations?

Resurrecton Dreams by Richard Laymon..One creepy, funny zombie love story!

Gentleman and Scholar Wulfa_Jones's Avatar
    Just picked up a book called Patient Zero which, according the blurb, is about terrorists developing a virus that creates zombies and an anti-terror unit developed to deal with it.

Doesn't sound like it is going to be a zombie plauge thing... kinda sounds like Tom Clancy meets Romero.

Whilst I'm on the topic of zombies (and this being a thread about zombie books), Max Brooks has a new book coming out this month (according to Amazon). The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks. Loved the short little historical stories at the back of Zombie Survival Guide and guessing this book will contain them and a couple of new ones (hopefully).

The book is a graphic novel though which is cool as I do like comic books, but still would have liked a totally fresh peice of work from Mr Books.

There is a new book out called Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It is the full text of Pride and Prejudice with deleted scenes of zombie attacks. I haven't read it but I have heard very positive things about it.

xvart.

weightless astronaut
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfa_Jones View Post
    Whilst I'm on the topic of zombies (and this being a thread about zombie books), Max Brooks has a new book coming out this month (according to Amazon). The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks. Loved the short little historical stories at the back of Zombie Survival Guide and guessing this book will contain them and a couple of new ones (hopefully
    Amazon UK's date is wrong, sadly. It's not coming out until October now. Shame as I was really looking forward to this as well, since I loved World War Z.

Gentleman and Scholar Wulfa_Jones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    There is a new book out called Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It is the full text of Pride and Prejudice with deleted scenes of zombie attacks. I haven't read it but I have heard very positive things about it.

xvart.
    Yeah I've read some of it - a clever idea, but doens't appeal to me.

jamieem - doesn't surprise me the amazon date is wrong. Oh well, will have to wait till Oct.

Taste of human sir!!! BloodStreak's Avatar
    I am Legend is one of the books that stands out in this sort of theme. I really enjoyed; much better than the film!

The Doctor is in.
    Pick up the Walking Dead trade paperbacks. They collect the comic series, really an excellent take on human survival in a world of zombies. You can buy a group of these on ebay cheaply.

Dying to Live and Day by Day Armageddon were both good books. I also have History is Dead on my to read pile.

Smile

the forest of hands and teeth was a really good book. they call them unconsecrated instead of zombies but same thing basically. generation dead wasnt too bad. havent read the next one in that series yet.

http://tinyurl.com/363ogv DurzoBlint's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I haven't read it yet so maybe someone else can fill you in but a recent novel Boneshakers by Cherie Priest is a steampunk novel with Seattle filled with Zombies or creatures similar to it. Its in my pile just a ways down there unfortunately. It looks good from the premise and I am not a huge steampunk reader. But, I lived in Seattle and curious to see how it has changed in her book.

Again someone jump in and correct me if I am mistaken.

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    I'm sure it's been mentioned in here somewhere, but I purchased World War Z, even though I've not yet read any zombie books, nor seem to have any kind of abiding interest in them. Brooks got so much pub and I received so many recommendations on it, that I just had to pick it up.