Regal is loathsome...

I hated him more than I have ever hated another villain of a book or movie when I read the Farseer Trilogy four and a half years ago, which is great. He is despicable, which shows very good writing skills on Hobb's part. I was so emotionally drawn into this characterisation, and into Fitz's fate at the end of that series.

Cheers to Robin Hobb!!

he reminds me of my uncle. selfish, immature, whiney (my uncle is a lazy wife beating *insert swear* and regal was like that. but i have to say, io disliked the statrap far more. just his attitude toward women irratated me!

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Regal was a sublimely realized villain. I loved to hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent
    Regal was a sublimely realized villain. I loved to hate him.
    Precisely. That is why the writing was so outstanding on Robin Hobb's part.

*shrug* i didn't think he was all that as a villian. he was ok. spoilt and whiney really, not strong enough for me to hate him

I loved Regals character. I thought he was very interesting even though he was not in it very often! Although in my head I have an image of him as Jude Law as Boise (Lord Alfred Douglas) in the film Wilde. But that only makes me love him more. ^_^

In a very boring town in the East Midlands
    An excellent bad guy, you can't read the novels with really wanting him to die painfully espiecially how he kills his brothers child and his father. an absolute spoilt scumbag I loved to hate.

The Satrap was more just a creation of the traditions of his people, easily jealous and exceptionally spoilt he was just not as under hand and vile enough to be really hated. Pitied definitley.

Regal is a really good character to hate. I also think he makes you like Verity more because in the early stages of Assasins Aprentice the only contact Fitz has with Verity is when Verity is with Regal. The contrast between the two characters seems to make Verity instantly likeable.

Regal is definately the most horrible character in any book that i've ever come accross.With characters that are brave and daring even if they are mean and cruel at least you can respect them to a degree but regal is a pathetic coward and has no good points whatsoever.