Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Read interesting books

Prador Moon: highly recommended

Hi,

Just finished Prador Moon and though it is shorter than the other novels, it is very good. Non stop action here with memorable new characters Prador, human, golem and AI. We also get to see Occam's Razor and Cpt. Tomalan taking on Prador dreadnoughts that easily have overwhelmed Polity's first line of defence.
    I think this one shows Mr. Asher at top form and I await now eagerly Polity Agent.
    Very highly recommended.

Liviu

Thanks for that! It seems to be hitting the spot with many and thus far Night Shade Books are pleased with the sales.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Forgot to mention: my review's up: HERE.

It's a good 'un.

Hobbit
    Mark

Nice one, Hobbit -- you've got the essence of it.

http://theskinner.blogspot.com/

Good news on the selling front. Via Jeremy Lassen’s blog I’ve learnt that Prador Moon is on the SFF best seller list at Borderlands Books and that this is not the first time it had been there.
    Last edited by nealasher; September 13th, 2006 at 03:41 AM.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's good news, Neal.

Are there any developments on a UK / Europe release? I got a Night Shade copy pretty easily, but some might find it easier to get in Europe with a UK one.

Hobbit
    Mark

No developments on a UK release, though the book is obtainable through amazon.com and (I think) at Forbidden Planet bookshop. My British publisher asked me to retain the British rights so the ting could be included in a collection at some point.

http://theskinner.blogspot.com/

Here's the front cover of the Macmillan British version of Prador Moon.

Last edited by nealasher; March 24th, 2007 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Picture too big

aha! So it does have a UK release forthcoming! Excellent (although I did see the US paperback in my local Waterystones recently, but the cash was not available....)

J

Jon, since the picture here is from a dust jacket, that means the book is going to be produced as a hard back, which also probably means it'll be more expensive than the Night Shade version - until the paperback comes out a year later.

Great, can't wait for this (and Hilldiggers of course!). I've considered buying the american paperback, but I've got this thing about books/authors that I like and buying all books in Hardback (much to the displeasure of my girlfriend who always asks if I have to spend that much on a book!) - this will make a great addition to my collection!

Thank you very much Chitman13 (what does that name mean?) I have to come clean here and say that even though my books are published in hardback, I don't personally buy them. Now this isn't because I'm tight or anything, but simply because of lack of space -- I'd need another house!

I hear what you're saying about lack of space, my bookshelf is now slowly filling up with the books I have - never mind about the ones coming out this year alone that I'll be adding to the pile. I can hear the shelves creaking in protest already :s It doesn't help that most books I buy can usually be mistaken for bricks simply due to the size of them...

As for my screen name - it's one of those things that I picked out thin air when first registering an email address many years ago - my surname is Chitty, I'm a bloke and my lucky number is 13. It's sort of stuck with me ever since

All the best
    Mark

Sorry, bugger, we've chatted before and I know your name is Mark Chitty. I wasn't thinking when I wrote that.

I recently converted my loft into a bit of a library, but if all the books up there were hard backs I'd have to think about strengthening the floor.

Hehe, no worries Neal!