Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Okay, moderators - delete this if it's OTT!

Hey, if you now anyone who is interested, or are interested yourself, I'll be at Forbidden Planet in London to do a stock signing (for Sable Keech HB and Brassman PB), on Saturday 18th Feb from 1-2pm. this isn't a sit-down job, but if anyone wants a copy signed to them, and are in the vicinity, come in and ask the staff. I'll be there from about 12.30 (though mostly not visible, being ensconced in some stock room surrounded by heaps of books).

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for the news, Neal.

And just to add to that, SFFWorld hopes to be sorting something out with Neal around that time - once he emerges from his pile of books!

Hobbit
    Mark

Just to re-iterate: this is not a 'signing'. I'm going to Forbidden Planet to sign stock and pre-orders. I won't be sitting out in the open to receive my clamouring fans (ho ho). Just if you are a collector -- here's an opportunity...

Oops ... Hobbit, some developments on that front. It seems it is now a genuine sat at a table signing now. With posters and stuff too...

GemQuest Moderator Gary Wassner's Avatar
    Hey Neal! I live in NYC so unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time. But I wanted to welcome you here anyway, so Welcome to SFFworld.

Thanks for the welcome, Gary. Maybe when I finally get to go to New York I'll look you up ... maybe carrying a signed copy of The Voyage of the Sable Keech and demanding you pay me for it!

Anyway, the signing is still on, but I give fair warning to anyone who turns up that I may look a little red-eyed, since there's a launch party a couple of days beforehand and I have now reached the age of the two-day hangover.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anyway, the signing is still on, but I give fair warning to anyone who turns up that I may look a little red-eyed, since there's a launch party a couple of days beforehand and I have now reached the age of the two-day hangover.
    Does that mean that you're at the age (or past the age?) of the two day party, though?

Hobbit
    Mark

Working on the principle: avoid hangovers, stay drunk? I fear I have passed that watershed where the pleasurable effects of alcohol are outweighed by their aftereffects, though I'm a very slow learner and that doesn't stop me.

Looking for a thread on which to say - hi Neal! And to make my excuses on the book signing, which are ironclad, since I'm currently sweltering in Melbourne. (Yes, folks, it's 38 degrees C here, and I don't like it). I wouldn't mind being in London this minute...
    Last edited by alison; January 21st, 2006 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Typos, typos...melting, I'm melting...

agitated and opinionated
    Man, Neal, you need to get over to the States. Heck, I'd even fly out to NYC to hang out with Gary if you were coming to town...

Alison, okay I'll accept that excuse. Surprisingly nice and bright here in England today, but you don't go out without a woolly on.

Mathain, one day, one day. It's definitely on the 'to visit' list.

Signing reminder

For any who might be interrested and might be in the vicinity: I'll be at Forbidden Planet in London to do a signing (of Sable Keech HB and Brassman PB), on Saturday 18th Feb from 1-2pm.

I have a question, are the posters available anywhere else? Living in California it would have been a bit to far to get to London...
    Last edited by Skaidon; February 25th, 2006 at 04:32 PM.

Skaidon (excellent name) there's a very limited number of posters about I'm afraid -- normally printed up by Macmillan when there's any sort of event.

Quote Originally Posted by nealasher
    Skaidon (excellent name) there's a very limited number of posters about I'm afraid -- normally printed up by Macmillan when there's any sort of event.
    Thats a shame, I would have loved one. I love the previous artwork on your books, especially The Skinner. Keep up the great work, I eagerly await your latest release, of which Im in the process of ordering