Thread: need help

need help

HI everyone

i am looking for a book that i read in the 5th or 6th grade (79-82)long time i know...and i don't know the title or the author....i just remember a little about the book....

it is about a boy that gets transported to another deminsion and meets a lizard that talks and there is magic and other odd creatures and bad guys trying to stop them or catch them the lizard is becomes friends with the boy and protects him and helps him to try to find his way home.

my husband told me it sounded like Spellsinger by Alan dean Foster but i read some reviews about that book and it sounds similiar...but i remember the boy being younger and i thought i remembered a lizard not an otter...i have no idea if Spellsinger was even written back in 79 - 82.....

i read this from a school library....spellsinger sounds like for older kids like high school.....can anyone help me

thanks
    Nickie

Hi Nickie,
    I really cant help you with this one. Perhaps a little more info about the book would help. With a little luck, someone here is bound to come across your thread and be able to help.

Could it possibly be Lizard Music by Daniel Pinkwater?

Summary: When left to take care of himself, a young boy becomes involved with a community of intelligent lizards who tell him of a little known invasion from outer space.

It was originally published in 1976.