Hybrid View

What pets do you have?

Well im just wondering what pets everybody around here has..I love animals and love knowing what pets people have. I used to have two turtles, a rabbit, and a cat when I was younger. My cat's name was buddy..A very misleading name ..It was probably the most vicious creature ever. My rabbit was named Murray and he was a good pet..Now I have a pug Mugsly (named after the basketball player mugsly boques (spelling)), and am getting a pet leopard gecko in about a week.

Leopard Gecko, eh? Nice

I myself have a miniature daschund (small sausage dog). We used to have two, but ended up letting go of one after a few years. I was only 12 at the time and got really upset. The one we still have is really friendly and called Hapi. We got him when he was under a year old and now he's around 8. The other was one called Zuki (pronounced Zookie), and even after 5 years I still miss him

In the past I've also had Fish and Rabbits. There's nothing like a good dog, though

Yeah it took me about a month to convince my parents that Leopard Geckos are harmless (my mom is deathly afraid of reptiles)..First I was asking for a Bearded Dragon, that didn't work out. Then a Water Dragon (also didn't work out) and now I have downsized it to a Leopard Gecko

ive always wanted a reptile but never managed to convince my mum that id look after it and that it wouldnt hurt her . i got a cat instead. hes called Ronaldo(or naldo for short) after the brazillian football player( my brother got to name him ). Hes a black and white mog and sometimes i wonder wether hes blind, stupid or both! he's lovely but can be vicious my hands have the scars to prove it.

I have a 12-year old black and white cat named Max, who is very affectionate but almost as noisy as a dog. (When he wants something, he meows very loudly until he gets it.)

I used to have an aquatic turtle named Doc, but we had to give her away because she really needed a bigger tank and the the upkeep was already too expensive for us. She was really quite an adorable turtle but now that I know how much work and money it is to properly care for one, I wouldn't get another.

I've got a 14 year old big black cat named Godzilla, and a big mutt of a dog (probably American Staffordshire Terrier mixed with Dalmatian) with floppy ears & and eye patch named Dodger. They keep us pretty busy.

The Puppy Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese
    Well im just wondering what pets everybody around here has..I love animals and love knowing what pets people have. I used to have two turtles, a rabbit, and a cat when I was younger. My cat's name was buddy..A very misleading name ..It was probably the most vicious creature ever. My rabbit was named Murray and he was a good pet..Now I have a pug Mugsly (named after the basketball player mugsly boques (spelling)), and am getting a pet leopard gecko in about a week.
    Oooh YAY! Great thread!!

I have two puppies, Labradoodles, Ruby (gold, 9mths) and Chester (black, 6mths) and five cats. A Russian Blue, a Persian cross, two silver Abyssinians and a tuxedo rescue moggy. My persian cross, Sunday, is a rescue, too. I'm learning to be an obedience trainer so slightly obsessive about animals....lol

Here's some pics....

Chester and Ruby:

Sashka and Sunday having a cuddle:

Cairo:

And Princess:

I don't have any photos of Princess's sister, Mina here
    Last edited by FirePrincess; February 6th, 2006 at 09:35 PM.

Writer, Artist, Beeyotch ShandaLear's Avatar
    I support adopting shelter and/or rescue animals.

We've rescued:
    3 cats (minus 4 kittens we gave away after the mom delivered)
    2 horses -- a 1/4 horse Appaloosa gelding and an endangered Percheron draft horse
    2 pugs

I used to have ferrets, too, but they both passed of old age. I miss them.

We have three dogs, two cats, and a chinchilla. All rescues... but members of the family now.

I have two of the 4 dogs of the Apocalypse..

Pestilence (Dozer) came free off of craigslist about 2 years ago because his owner was moving. He was a little shy of a year old.

Plague (Brodi) came along about 6 months after Dozer, he was also just shy of a year and in his case his parents really cared for him but due to both parents changing jobs that sent them out of town...

Now I sit and suffer under the constant abuse and horrors that these little demonic canines spreed with every passing breath.

We have two elderly Siamese cats.

When I was young and crazy(er) I had two Chinese water dragons, an iguana, a banded tegu, a trantula, an emperor scorpion, two cornsnakes, a royal python, a small boa constrictor and an eighteen foot Burmese python. And around 200 tropical fish.

We've got 4 cats, a dog and two birds in the house. I'm a life-long cat-owner/lover but these 4 are the weirdest bunch of misfits I've ever shared a home with.

As for the dog, well if MASH should happen to come on the tv he will try his best to sing the theme-song.

I have twin teenage girls and cat I call Gizmo.
    They're pretty messy and destructive but the cat doesn't seem to mind . . .