Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    BoA Manager

And then. . . . ?

What do you think will happen after the Singing has concluded Cadvan and Maerad's quest for the Treesong? Perhaps Maerad and Cadvan will travel togethr? Or is fate (well Alison) allows Silvia to live Maerad may go back to Innail (if there is an Innail) to study the Reading?

Anything is possible. . .

~ Tari

There are so many possibilities! Maerad seems too wild to settle down quietly in Innail or anywhere for that matter, and yet she also relished the peacefulness of studying and being loved by Silvia. I can see her going to do abit more study - in Gent? Cadvan's old school? Busk?- but I can't see her staying a long time in one place. Perhaps she'll study then travel. If Hem's still alive they might have a little home somewhere and Cadvan can live there too
    I don't know. Maerad and Cadvan aren't too fond of crowds, so maybe they'll just roam around together and Cadvan will teach her how to Heal people. Hem could come too, since he's apparently quite good at Healing. Of course, these are all the best case scenarios where everyone survives!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    If Hem's still alive they might have a little home somewhere and Cadvan can live there too
    Spoiler:
    Remember that dream Maerad has at the end of the Riddle? about her and Hem at that house? hmm, maybe you're on to something Quinn
    oo, it's been soooo long since i've used spoiler tages for real....
    I always thought she might go back to Thorold for a while, i think she mentioned somewhere that she felt at home there... but my brain has misfired before, so it could be shoting random (and incorrect) facts at me again . But i agree that she'll probably wander around a bit, hopefuly with Cadvan , but i can see her eventualy settling down when she figures out what she finaly wants to do with her life.

Im from Germany, but lived in the US for the past year
    I don't really know why I think this, but I think that Mearad will wander around (just like you said ) to find out as much as possible about her parents and Pellinor...Hem could travel with her...and Cadvan

I hate to say it but I can see both Maerad and Cadvan sacrificing themselves tragically. However, I'm more inclined to believe that they will travel together for a few years and will then settle down in Innail, together.

I just thought about something...Maerad and Cadvan have to settle down sooner or later! They have books to write! According to the appenices of "The Naming/Gift" they write "The Riddle of the Treesong" in N1012 which is 67 years after "The Naming/Gift" ...so they have to survive, right?

...I hope I got that right...I'm not sure though...

I think therefore I am StarLily's Avatar
    some people have been saying that Cadvan/Maerad didn't write those books something about appendices in the riddle. i have no idea, but i hope they stay alive

I too would love to think that both M+C survive to travel together and later write the Scrolls - though I find it interesting that Hem isn't included in that supposed authorship. Anyway, there's that whole debate about whether or not they actually wrote it, so who knows? (In fact, I do wonder if that will be made clear in The Singing.)
    Still, I agree that Maerad might study in various Schools. There are so many - mainly Innail and Busk, that I can think of - where she feels at home that I think she might end up happier going from one to the other, and seeing more of Annar and the Seven Kingdoms without having to worry about Hulls and wers on her tail. Hopefully the poverty, corruption and despair in Annar will also have lifted by this time, allowing her to enjoy herself more in places previously sad or dangerous, such as Ettinor or Milhol.

Oh yes! I've only just clicked! C&M MUST survive to write the scrolls together!Unless...they write them before they die at the hands of evil.God i'm thick.

From the author herself:
    Maerad is by nature very bookish, and the most reluctant of adventurers.
    Well then, that confirms it: Maerad will settle down somewhere quiet and Read to her heart's content, hopefully with Cadvan by her side and Hem eating mangoes out the front.

im a green fairy

Smile

From the author herself:

Well then, that confirms it: Maerad will settle down somewhere quiet and Read to her heart's content, hopefully with Cadvan by her side and Hem eating mangoes out the front.
    i agree

From the author herself:

that would make a wonderful picture...I'll try to draw that

that is a nice picture...
    how come everybody seems to be able to drwa except me?!

I think therefore I am StarLily's Avatar
    i can't draw either. your not the only one

ive kinda improved my drawing skills. not brilliant but i can kinda do scetchy stuff. wont be posting anything yet thoo...