Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Exclamation The Treesong -- Spoilers

Ok, this is for all you lovely people to say what you think the Treesong is about, how long it is, what you think it means and anything else that might possibly be interesting (and related) to it

Hope you like

AlassŽ
    Last edited by AlassŽ; February 27th, 2006 at 11:41 AM.

erm..... ok

Spoiler:
    are we all assuming that the other half of the treesong is written on another lyre? im not sure why it should be...... i mean Inka-Reb had the same half as Maerad written on bone... could it not be on another instrument?

yeah i thought this was a possibility

Spoiler:
    why couldn't it be on a flute or something?

Spoiler:
    Does it say anywhere what kind of love is needed to play the treesong, it might be the love between a brother and sister

I don't think it does say what kind of love but I think Nelac mentions in Norloch that Hem is important to the Treesong

Spoiler:
    I think it's a definite possibility that Hem could help Mearad restore the treesong but if the other half is on another instrument there could be a problem as hem can't play.

Spoiler:
    Oh yeah forgot that! Perhaps he learns in the Crow? It might mention it in the sample chapters but i dont remember....

Spoiler:
    Just an idea but it might not mean that Hem needs to play, simply that by finding her brother Maerad has that love within her. So she understands what this love is and uses it to play the Treesong. Although it might just be a combination of all the different types of love she knows and experiences

Does that make sense??

It doesn't say about that in the sample chapters and i don't think he learns later either because of the war and everything.

Spoiler:
    Has anyone thought of the possibility that there might NOT be 20 runes as is suggested but a different number (i have a theory of 15 but that could be VERY wrong!)

I could explain this in detail if anyone is interested, when i was first thinking about it i got so excited that i couldn't sleep

Oh yeah, i remember now, i think alison mentioned somewhere that Hem doesn't have time to learn anything before the war begins, but perhaps Saliman teaches him later....

And alasse is telling the truth about not being able to sleep - i should know- she wouldn't shut up!

well... the Elhidu have one half and Sharma has the other.. right?

so if hers is the Elhidu one............ she needs to go to Sharma to get the other half..

am i just stating the obvoius here, or have i missed something vital?

No, that makes perfect sense... but i was just wondering about the idea of halves...

At the appendices at the end of the Riddle...

Spoiler:
    It says that the Treesong Alphabet was split into 5 groupings, the Vowels (Moon signs), Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn. Now i was considering that the seasons would be the same lenght and as Summer is 3 runes (including midsummer day) i thought that Winter would also be 3 (Cadvan and Maerad met at Pellinor on Midwinter's day!!) and therefore Spring and Autumn are equal on 2. That makes a total of 15 runes

does that make sense or am i simply imagining things and in fact i am VERY wrong

It makes sense to me.

yeah - it makes sense to me! but 10 is half of 20... (duh..) so.. oh i dont know!!!!!

i guess we'll just have to stop distracting Alison and let her get on with the books