Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Well gosh, this is just frustrating. I really need to get my hands on the second book as soon as possible!!!

When does The Crow come out over here?
    The Crow comes out in July in England, though you can order it through Australian book sites like some of the other English and American posters have.

Unhappy

Why it's not fair when does the crow come out in the uk!!!!!!!i need to know

sorry i didn't read that last post but still July is too long

Glasgow, used to live in Cyprus but hey, good things don't always last long.
    aaaah! spoiler tags just make me want to read the spoilers more!! i must admit that i was a bit worried that not writing about M + C would not be as good but from the good response on this thread its seems like it will be excellent. can't wail till July!!

Wow oh wow I loved it! I was slightly apprehensive at the lack of Maerad and Cadvan in the Crow, but that fell away pretty much as soon as I opened the book. It is, I agree, the best written so far, particularly in its emotional pull (well, for me anyway).
    The tension that builds up during the first section is developed so well that I started to get jittery myself. It was a real struggle to tear myself away from the pages.
    The descriptions of the environments were excpetional, but what really got me was the attachment I began to feel to these characters. I hadn't really expected to care as much for Saliman and Hem as much as I did for Cadvan and Maerad, but that's the skill of Alison's writing. Saliman is such a beautiful character! I am looking forward to the day that Maerad and Hem meet up again so much! Bring on 2008.
    It was a shock to hear about Zelika after all that time Hem spent in Sjug'hakat Im and especially after Hem made the marriage comment. I still hold onto a small hope that somehow Saliman buried another girl and Zelika will turn up in The Singing. The Cur camp certianly was disturbingly reminiscent of the Nazi camps, and the glimpse of Sharma gave me chills. Nyanar is an intriguing addition to the story; it is interesting to see how Hem's Elidhu blood reveals itself in comparison to Maerad's. The discovery of the tuning fork brings a beautiful symbolism to the riddle of the treesong.
    Overall, I thought this book put the whole story into a new perspective, both in terms of the world of Edil-Amarandth (sp?) and in the relationships between characters. It also added a powerful new emotional dimension and made me wonder at Alison's talents - and my luck at having first stumbled into her fantastic creation!

I think therefore I am StarLily's Avatar
    I am dying for July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! people who are waiting like me, I know how you feel. we shall get through this!!!!

I'm dying!!!!

its ok....i can do it...just two more months

I am pleased to announce what would appear to be the very first piece of fanart for the crow! And indeed the first fan art i have EVER done. I did it on the back of an emily dickinson poem in english, and it's of the scene where Zelika finds Nisrah and pulls on him. It was a scene that jumped out at me, and before i knew it, it was on paper!
    my goodness! it took forever to sing up on deviantart, but here it is:
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/33173014/

thanks!
    Emerald

I think therefore I am StarLily's Avatar
    good job emerald_dragyn

I have absolutely no will power what so ever.Part of the reason i haven't been on for so long was because I knew that this would happen.
    I hate England.I love austrailia.I'm jealous of my brother.Icould ask him to send it me...but that'd take too long...I think I'm going to cry.

Is there a councilling session set up over here in the UK for us all?If not-we need one-desperatly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoA Manager
    I am now cursing TEE!!!!! GARGH!!! between study for exams, normal school work, rehearsals and music performance prep i am struggling to read The Crow which my friend jordan kindly bought for me for my b'day last week!! Awes girl!! . . .EEEEEEEEE!!!!

*grumble grumble*

~ Tari

at least you have the Crow...

BoA Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent
    at least you have the Crow...
    True luv but what is the point in having it when I cannot read it?!?!? tis mightily frustrating!

~ Tari

least you get to stroke the cover.... *yeah I know I'm wierd!*