Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew J View Post

And what about the No-God? Did anyone read the encyclopedia entry on him? I don't recall it being mentioned before this book about his specific protection, the Carapace/metal sarchogous, but doesn't Kellhus appear at the end somewhat similar to the description of the No-God? If I recall, he appears in a whirlwind and pulls up the debris about him into a shield that surrounds him. Maybe the No-God is some sort of negative form of "thought" and not an actual person/being? If God is everyone, or everyone is God (or has the potential to be God/part of God), what is a No-God?
    Call me crazy but I think the No-God is someone using an 'ancient' technology - a helicopter. Metal carapace, whirlwind - it all fits. The part I want to figure out is what was his role in the sudden lack of births suffered by the population. A genetic weapon? Radiation?

My favourite is the entry on the Heron Spear - which pretty clearly resembles a beam rifle.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Antiphon Rising View Post
    Call me crazy but I think the No-God is someone using an 'ancient' technology - a helicopter. Metal carapace, whirlwind - it all fits. The part I want to figure out is what was his role in the sudden lack of births suffered by the population. A genetic weapon? Radiation?

My favourite is the entry on the Heron Spear - which pretty clearly resembles a beam rifle.
    My opinion about all the books writen by Scott Bakker :

1) the books are dificult to read. the english is not outstanding, but the sentense construction is unnecessarilly made complex. Most of the sentenses are broken with innumerous commas and punctuations.
    2) World building is too vague. A reader needs to have exemplary imagination to understand the topography.
    3) war scenes are too brief. A reader loses interest, instead of having that "edge of the seat" excitement feeling while reading the book.
    4)Resemblance to previous context is missing. for example: - Even though scarlet spires is the most powerful school in the three seas, they were wiped off like a bunch of rabbits. what a laugh. LOL

In all a very disappointing experience. Thank god, I didnt buy the books but read the books online for free.