Who should play Ian Cormac?

I saw on Neal's interviews that he listed Bruce Willis and Keifer Southerland. From the first in Gridlinked I thought it was obvious that Ian Cormac was an older version of Christian Bale ala 'Equilibrium'.

I also noticed mention of Babylon 5.

well christian bale is obvious. perhaps eric bana? or kiefer would also be good.

From what I recall, Cormac's physical appearance isn't described in great deal, beyond that he is silver-haired (did I imagine that?).

I'd lean towards something less well-known than Christian Bale, although he turns in an amazing performance in everything he does.
    Last edited by Ouroboros; February 15th, 2008 at 09:28 AM.

My vision of Cormac is of someone like Steve McQueen and, the way CGI is going now it might even not be a problem that he's dead. Anyway, with the modern actors I still go with Keiffer -- enjoyed too many episodes of 24 not to.

load and return
    At the end of a really bad dirt road over that way.

Cormac

Jeffrey Donovan from Burn Notice.

A chuffing heffalump Chuffalump's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nealasher View Post
    My vision of Cormac is of someone like Steve McQueen and, the way CGI is going now it might even not be a problem that he's dead. Anyway, with the modern actors I still go with Keiffer -- enjoyed too many episodes of 24 not to.
    I get the impression from the books that Cormac's abilities are mostly hidden. Sort of like Jason Bourne, not obviously tough, but ruthless, fast and a stone cold killer when push comes to shove. So most of the action film genre actors wouldn't fit at all (in my own opinion, of course). I could go with Christian Bale or even James McAvoy (without the floppy hair on either).

I've changed my mind.. since Ian Cormac is a futuristic James Bond type then Daniel Craig would be ideal.
    Last edited by Chuffalump; April 18th, 2009 at 05:07 AM.

It has to be an british actor how about robert carlyle or obviously cristian bale and horace blegg has to be mr sulu. If american no-one can play the no feeling actor like keanu reeves as in gridlinked. also i wanted Bale to play Akkarin in the magicians guild trudy cananvan

Ian Cormac?

How about Chiwetel Ejiofor? He can play ruthless, calculating, cold blooded effortlessly yet has remarkable emotional range. See "Serenity."

Christian Bale is generally brilliant in most of the roles that he portrays but I do like the left-field choice of Chiwetel Ejiofor becuase he was brilliant in Serenity!! Although i do wonder if they will go with an established name such as Bale or if cheap liability insurance would be an unknown!
    Last edited by Decode; November 4th, 2011 at 05:50 AM.

All of the above are cool with me. They can all do 'stone killer'.